Team GB

7,201 to 7,220 of 10,663 messages
08/02/2014 at 21:04

ahh the problem of making silly comments under your real name on websites!

Mike Rushton and Tom Chinery could tell you about that.

08/02/2014 at 21:22

Great summary Dan
PMJ - re the chase, yes it was one of those "you run distances so you can do the 3000" lines. Have to say never tried the 110H although I only found out last summer that the heights start to get lower when you hit vet categories. Even so...

08/02/2014 at 21:44

Good summary Dan, and an enjoyable recap. One slight addendum though, and that was that Samir was gonner pair his 45 minute 10 miler with a sub-2 hour 20 miler, a baffling juxtaposition of targets.

08/02/2014 at 21:51

Dan A- nice work but the highlight (apart from the commemorative plate collection ) so far and its early days yet, has to be Samir's elite starting place at Reading 

08/02/2014 at 22:27

Nice work Dan. Top summary.

Scott, I know you've been ill but I hope you actually do put some effort in to your training at some stage in the next few months/years cause you clearly do have a lot of talent and the results you get off the miles that you have been running are very impressive. Low 16 for 5 k off literally no recent running and a 57 min 10 miler on a hilly course Off the same are (to me) mind boggling. While with Samir it's impossible to know how talented he is cause he doesn't tell us his training you clearly are talented. I would love to have your talent. You could fly past your targets easily with a bit of application.

OS
08/02/2014 at 23:06

Top work, Dan. One of my small favourites that you left off was the proud statement of intent that the race plan for Reading couldn't be fully disclosed but we could rest assured that it would be 'quite complex'. wtf

OS
08/02/2014 at 23:19
Absolutely great one Dan! Shame scotch egg didn't make the list somehow

Race Jase much appreciated, going to be on a simple 12 week training plan probably starting tomorrow/this week .. Re evaluate mid April and have another trip to Eastbourne to assess things - hoping to get some decent results this year and hopefully unearth this talent

First "proper" session today - hills as it happens so looking positive (only 2.7x mile volume though)
08/02/2014 at 23:20

Again Dan - great summary, though surely some reference to the Ipod debacle is necessary?

09/02/2014 at 08:10

Brillant Dan.  

Just imagine if this was a blog... hits, ad revenue... book deals (even if it's just a Christmas spoof "The Haddad Plan - Leaving hanson behind in the first mile"...

09/02/2014 at 10:46

Scott, you never made that list because Dan has realised that you only come on here just to make it look like that you were once better then me when really you know you have never really competed.

Bloody hell race jase, what a way to set someone up for a big fall. You are right though, about the results he gets off of miles and how it is utterly useless unless hard work is put in in order to get that GB place. I think this is where Scott hits a dead end, gonner be using that excuse for time to come and not get anywhere. I make excuses but I don't live with them as they are not qualifying / winning times.

09/02/2014 at 10:51

That's the spirit Leslie. If i'm on the elite start at Reading after only 2 years, then surely I can qualify for Brazil and then after show how to beat an East African at home.

I saw the Serpentine team in a pub yesterday. I was just about to go over and tell them how amazing I thought I was but then stopped myself.

09/02/2014 at 10:53

Nice work Dan, a great summary and well done Race Jase for telling Sott to stop dicking about and start training properly - I am sure Scott will have taken on board what you said. Now I have read that Sami turned up at the NYD 10K with a group of Ealing Eagles perhaps he isn't quite as naïve as he woul appear.

I would have come on and answered the question about the former footballer and his 33 minute 10K - didn't know what Stevie G's word meant though so didn't!!!

Samir I saw the results of the last Friday of the month 5K in Hyde Park and there are some pretty quick guys that do that - may be worth  look for you as it is a fast course.

Finally for me today a very windy untimed 3 hour 42 minute 23 second run which was actually a PB for a very windy 3 hour 42 minute s3 second run - may even top the rankings so far this year for a 3 hour 42 minute 23 second run for a 54 year old born in December - well pleased with that.

09/02/2014 at 11:01

Dachs, sub 2 hour 20 miler. I didn't say by how much . Good luck at Wokingham today. I have faith in you to beat Mr Wicks. Just don't loose to Mrs ok?Try to be a man about it when you do.

Stevie, have a read of Ricky Benningson's comments. He was off his head.

XX1, sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

09/02/2014 at 11:07

Grendel, that group of Ealing Eagles people I first met at Gunnersbury park run so obviously I'm gonner have chat with them before the race. Doesn't mean I turned up with them. You are a wallet Scott and you came dressed as one as well on that red and white. I'll have a look at that one but I do prefer roads a lot more. Good work out today. How much distance did you cover?

09/02/2014 at 11:09

Wokingham is cancelled, dunno if they'll re-run it later in the year - I think they have done that before.

09/02/2014 at 11:15

Nice one Dan, I was a bit surprised at how much you got right but I was only 10 secs out in the park runs which isn't much over a 5k and park of the course was on grass which you agreed was very annoying to get a PB. Nah, the perivale 5 team violated me when they satisfied their own needs. Dan, serious question. Can you please post the actual video because I would like an I idea of how fast I was going then? 

09/02/2014 at 11:16

Oh, why I have done that. I was looking forward to that as well. No practice for you Dachs then. Thrown straight into the deep end.

09/02/2014 at 11:27

Don't worry Scott, Reading is just around the corner and hopefully it will explain a lot. Do you think ill follow in the exact foot steps of Patrick Makau? 

Dont worry toro, nerds are those people people make fun of at school but when they get older they realise that it wasnt such a bad idea.

Stevie, lets not over complicate thinks like Scott does. I'm gonner pull off times. Standard.

OS, very shallow minded statement. If I go out hard, I'm going to have it in my mind that I'm doing well and that mindset should continue throughout the whole race where it counts...

09/02/2014 at 11:37

Lit knows, I think a sub 5 minute mile should feel comfortable for the 1st mile at Reading so that should be no problem. I'm not going to do anything which I believe will mess me up later on. 

Scott, 1.14 = Fairly slow in terms of predictions when I ran 1.20 in September. Are you mad? I'm a better runner then you now at the age of 19 and your 25. The jokes on you.  Scott, before you say that I unsell myself I am telling you now that you have no idea how fast I can I be and there be witnesses at Reading including a lead bike which is filming.

09/02/2014 at 11:39

Jonny, Lit pretty much answered the question. Hard work put in but a week training plan which I'm living on until it stops doing me favours. Trying to improve yours are we?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.