Team GB

7,221 to 7,240 of 10,644 messages
09/02/2014 at 11:43

Why is it when someone appears to agree with me, their sentence usually starts with, "actually" or "to be fair" or "maybe" or "have to agree with this". Do people just think I'm stupid by default?

09/02/2014 at 11:46

Is it me or is Samir spouting even more bullshit than normal.....and when it's not bullshit a lot of it doesn't make sense or the grammar is dreadful. Samir, you might be in IT but you need to brush up on your writing 'skills' if you intend to get a decent job. And you're still being an arrogant dick, going to the Serpatine running club to tell them how great you are. Geez....

09/02/2014 at 12:12
Jokes not on me Samir -

I would expect you to be quicker at 19 given 2 years of running and all the other fitness work you did

Ive just turned 25 where's your basically 20 - so not the 6 year gap your thinking-

Anyway my point is your best maybe less than my best- I'm just unfortunate to have missed very important years in running

You've not actually ran quicker than me Samir - one 10km but I think my recent 10 miler settled that

As for you saying about ages - I posted races when I was 14/15 which are quicker than you now but you said I can't count that

If you're going to play that game then we will have to wait until we die to compare results

But in the name of the thread - for you to joking team GB you're allready way behind and no real sight of catching up m

My training session yesterday was only 2.76 miles and I totalled 38 ish for the week
09/02/2014 at 13:35
Samir Haddad 2 wrote (see)

Jonny, Lit pretty much answered the question. Hard work put in but a week training plan which I'm living on until it stops doing me favours. Trying to improve yours are we?

Yea

09/02/2014 at 16:59

Jonny your probably gonner move up to Marathon 1 day so I need to be careful what information I realise and make sure that what I give you is good enough for second.

09/02/2014 at 17:10

Scott, I might do more miles then you but your forgetting that I never had any guidance like you did so for someone to get a 44:53 for an 8 miler is ridiculous for someone who has worked on their own. I'm 19 until I turn 20 Scott. For your best to be better then my best Scott, something really bad will have to happen to me. We're talking a tragedy here. God forbid. I wasn't in your 10 mile race so no it never settled that. This is what I mean, you will always try to find a way out of failures because your unable to step up to the mark for the real thing. I could probably beat you 10 times out of 10.

So would I have to run something like 01:08 at Reading to be on par with Jonny's 5k PB in a way? Sounds about right. I took into account that it is generally harder to run on the road then on the track.

09/02/2014 at 17:29
carterusm wrote (see)

Is it me or is Samir spouting even more bullshit than normal.....and when it's not bullshit a lot of it doesn't make sense or the grammar is dreadful. Samir, you might be in IT but you need to brush up on your writing 'skills' if you intend to get a decent job. And you're still being an arrogant dick, going to the Serpatine running club to tell them how great you are. Geez....

I think Samir meant 'grate' not 'great'.

Cheerful Dave    pirate
09/02/2014 at 17:44

Carter should have known that the first rule of internet forums is that if you're going to point out that someone's writing skills are poor, you're going to make a typo...

Cheerful Dave    pirate
09/02/2014 at 17:46
Samir Haddad 2 wrote (see)

I'm 19 until I turn 20 Scott.

Here's a first - Samir writes something that no-one can argue with.

09/02/2014 at 17:48
Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Carter should have known that the first rule of internet forums is that if you're going to point out that someone's writing skills are poor, you're going to make a typo...

How many times did you proofread that, CD?

09/02/2014 at 19:51

Johnny, would you like me to throttle that little weirdo Samir?

By the way Scott, as weird as you are, kudos mate on what you have achieved thus far off minimal running. You are the talented one not that  non- racing fuckwit who emptily boasts  on here. 

09/02/2014 at 19:56

Did the Deal Half today and met up with DanA. Very confusing as we drove 130 miles and saw lots of familiar faces in odd shirts (displaced Wokingham runners) especially Anthony Jackson who I know from west London and Twickenham / St. Mary's who was wearing a local Sittingbourne vest. My loosing streak to this "rival" has now bumped up to 3.

He won the race and had put on cool down clothes and got back to the 12 mile marker by the time I got to the same marker still racing!

Edited: 09/02/2014 at 19:57
09/02/2014 at 20:05

I'm not quite sure you actually realise just what the FUCK comes out of your mouth at times?

Maybe if you did the 10 mile race you would have even won it! I don't know

Now I cant help but do this - and I will retire to watch the thread now and laugh at what you say you do then actually do and dream of doing and will do....

Here are my splits - I fancy my chances to smash your 34:45 10KM soon (5:35m/m) 

Mile 1 - 5:10 

5KM - 17:10 = 5:31m/m

4 miles - 22:21 = 5:35m/m

5 miles - 28:17 = 5:39m/m 

10 KM - 35:34 = 5:43m/m 

8 miles - 45:47 = 5:43m/m

10 miles - 57:45 = 5:46m/m

You would not "probably" be able to beat me or at least half the people on this thread alone let alone ANY of the other elite starters at reading 10/10

To make you even more embarrassed - and of course its a Hampshire reference - Girl I trained with under my old coach with the two lads who rep GB (She now reps GB aswell) fresh from wining Southern counties and 4th in BUCS this month... oh She attends Brunel btw and happens to be in the link with Mo Farah on a fancy scheme too.... Ran a 33:58 10KM today on Windy Chichester 10KM. Finishing 2nd to Charlotte Purdue .. Not bad? She is 21. How does that make you feel when you come on here slating people and women too??

09/02/2014 at 20:07

Thank you Dash! lets hope I can prove it with some results soon! And In my defence I do have this weirdly addictive childish argumentative front when on the thread

Meant to be having therapy about it :P 

Is anyone still riding the Team Samir train now or have most people fallen off? 

09/02/2014 at 20:18

I briefly flirted with an ill- fitting foreign footy top but I am now dipping my my toe in the running ( ha ha ) yolk of a Scotch egg..

09/02/2014 at 20:36
Scott Edgington wrote (see)
Ran a 33:58 10KM today on Windy Chichester 10KM. Finishing 2nd to Charlotte Purdue

So both of them chicked SG

09/02/2014 at 21:29

I wouldn't call this a childish argument Scott, just a self flattery argument where you convince yourself that your in my league. I haven't given anyone a reason to leave team samir in terms of ability. The only way people would choose Team scott over Team samir is on personality which I don't care about.

Any news on the pacemakers for the London Marathon this year? I hope Bedford selects Mike Kigen, he had them running at WR pace halfway! Awesome.

09/02/2014 at 21:42

Come on then Dash, why are you asking Jonny's permission anyway you bum chum. How do I boast on here? I say it how it is and I don't believe in cockyness; it's confidence.

Scott, that 10k time was bollocks. If i'd had trained properly you would have seen my speed in that race. If you don't beat it then shame on you. I'm not knocking your 10 mile time, I was very impressed but I'm still over 30 seconds quicker then you in training. I'm sure their are several better runners then me who read this thread and I never said one that I was aiming for position at Reading. I'm going their to try and run with a lot more quality then in training. How on earth do I slate women? Far from that. I'm still trying to get over that JonnyD is faster then Dibaba over the 5k.

09/02/2014 at 21:51

Ahh Anthony Jackson's a legend. Although he made it clear that he would have been really pissed off if i had beaten him whilst wearing that ITALIA jacket. Really wish I did but the mud stopped me.

CD, Scott can argue with that, that was my response to his idioticness.

09/02/2014 at 22:07
So what sort of shape are you in now a month later for 10km or doesn't that matter as your focus is HM .. Not much difference than NYD I guess

Training PB damn, forgot about that.. Also forgot you've not come close to your training times in races too
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.