Team GB

7,241 to 7,260 of 10,825 messages
09/02/2014 at 22:12
Samir haddad fact #13

Runs so fast and produce so much horizontal thrust when faced with slight "mud" he is unable to apply friction and connect with the floor resulting in no forward movement - remaining stationary and running on the spot -

Legend has it that once he did this and time went backwards
10/02/2014 at 00:42

Scott, how on earth do you think you will peak higher then me when I'm 19 and better then you over some distances and you are 25 meaning that I have 6 years of training over you to an extent. I want to here this.

10/02/2014 at 00:48

I'm feeling a lot more confident now because I prefer HM's compared to 10k's because you need speed for 10k which I don't have right now. So it doesn't matter. My 10k PB is 34:45 so I don't know what your on about there. 

10/02/2014 at 00:53

Seren, you make a good point there. After every race or training run a person finds out more about themselves. This is the way I look at it.

training run: 

10 miles - decent start speed 56:51 sprint finish up hill.

13.1 miles prediction - good start speed which will not effect me due to adrenalin.

I might be over thinking this but you just can't work it out. 

10/02/2014 at 01:02

Samir...

Everyone has a peak - You will reach an ability where you just wont improve 

That could happen at 19 it could happen at 39... Only takes one look at athletes mentioned here to realise that.. If i carried on running with full fitness being injury free and clear of the operations I had maybe I would be in team GB just as my two mates are (I used to beat them all the time when I was younger) Or many the flip side is I had my peak then and wouldn't ever be as good as them over time... 

As for speed - You've claimed to have run sub 5M/M (and also several sub 5m/m for that fact at Ealing yet unable to run a 5KM at sub 5m/m pace) so what do you lack? speed or the endurance to carry it? Or both and your just slower than you think

You prefer HM ok but rarely ran more than 10 miles in training without stopping and walking? Cant call that training surely

As for your comment a while back about guidance? What guidance? From end of April to mid September I was doing 15-20 miles a week running to work no coach no nothing. I joined SOTON AC in October and have trained less than 5/6 times with them and don't take advice of the coach there - I do all my own training sessions and made my own schedule up- The only guidance I got from my old coach was about increasing mileage and doing tempo runs more... not long I fell ill and had little training .. Once I have built a base then he will help me - I've done one "hard session" this year which was a hill session last night for under 3 miles.. Its February! how much intense training have you done? Every day by sounds of your comments

You also say your training is so complex and so good to get the results you do I don't get how that is an excuse LOL? 

You're on about not being able to run a quick 10KM because you haven't trained for it? You realise you should naturally be able to run a little quicker anyway than in a HM LOL - The other fact that to be in team GB you'll need to run quicker than your current best mile split for a WHOLE HM to be competitive 

Are you really this stupid you contradict yourself this much?

PS - I like that you've back tracked about being quicker than me saying I should beat your 10KM time. Was only last month you said I wouldn't have a 33:xx to my name this year....What's changed?

ok you have 6 years to catch up yes so should be miles better than me (potentially) but you all ready have over 18 months head start on me not even forgetting I just had 7 weeks of about 12 miles per week average) Can your brain even comprehend these contradictions? 

So many questions Samir right?

You are utterly clueless and as I have done and will do now - I will let the results do the talking... 

We will see whose hardwork / training etc pays off this year?! 

Shouldn't give you the time now! Too bored 

10/02/2014 at 07:25

To be fair Scott, you will get kudos when you start working hard and improving your results. Your natural ability is arguably all we have seen in your results because your mileage has been fcking woeful.

10/02/2014 at 08:18
Fair enough Jase, I've sorted a 12 week block plan starting yesterday - I have Eastleigh half way at 6/7 weeks out and my target races starting late April

Not huge mileage - between 40-48 slight progression the 12 weeks after it'll increase a tad more and shift in what sessions I do (depending how much I go on the track if at all)
10/02/2014 at 08:37
Samir Haddad 2 wrote (see)

I'm feeling a lot more confident now because I prefer HM's compared to 10k's because you need speed for 10k which I don't have right now. So it doesn't matter. My 10k PB is 34:45 so I don't know what your on about there. 

Samir, the S after a word is the plural form, so as an example:

You have run a half marathon and a 10k.
I have run many half marathons and many 10ks.

If you aim is a sub 2 hour marathon then take a note from all the greats. I am sure you are better than Haile but he set his PBs for a mile (3:52.39) and 1500m in 1999 and then his half marathon (58:55) in 2006 and marathon (what a loser, only 2:03:59) in 2008.

A note to all and sundry: last time I raced there was nobody at the start line asking if I had been coached or not and giving me a head start if I had not been coached. Same applies to training: I have done 60 miles a week for the last few months and nobody asked me to step behind those who have only done 30 miles a week.

Coaching and training are legal and everyone is free to choose how much they train and how they are coached or not. Come race day, you toe the line and race with no excuses. I can't write to the Olympic committee and ask them to send me a gold medal because actually I am faster than Bolt, only I I didn't have a coach, didn't train and didn't turn up.

For what it is worth (that is one of the key phrases you picked out recently isn't it, so people basically have a dig at you and then throw you a bone at the end as your legs do a little walking but nowhere as much as you mouth does the talking) your 10k time (singular) looks much better to me than your HM time (singular). I went sub 80 a couple of years ago, I haven't been sub 37 since 2011 and I have to go back to the last millennium since I was sub 34 and faster than you have managed on a single outing.

10/02/2014 at 09:47

I wonder how some of you guys find the energy to type so much.

With the exception of PMJ, I tend to 'switch off' after reading about three lines.

Samir...

Everyone has a peak - You will reach an ability where you just wont improve 

That could happen at 19 it could happen at 39... 

That's all I read of that post.

Too bored 

Oh and that bit.

10/02/2014 at 10:33

At the risk of being boring I shall be succinct. 

Samir is still a homophobe despite having Erasures greatest hits on his iPod.

Scott is better than him.

10/02/2014 at 10:34

Scotch.  You've been ill, please go to bed before 1 am.  Certainly don't wind yourself up by looking at this thread in the middle of the night.

I have now entered Eastleigh too.  It's in Hampshire, so after reading your posts I feel like I will know every athlete there personally.

10/02/2014 at 10:57
Yeah- staying up was a mistake!

Part of bigger plans Dachs or looking to fly? You've been in good shape as of last but know you've been leaning towards HM - perhaps Samir could give lessons in speed

Samir I'm going to buy you am entry for Eastleigh and pay travel
10/02/2014 at 11:07

Scotch, it'll be a warm up race as it's 3 weeks before London.  I will give it a blast and see what comes out, but won't have done any 10K specific training, and won't taper for it.

10/02/2014 at 11:13
Understandable - didn't realise VLM was on the cards looking strong! Can't imagine going that far for a few years yet.
10/02/2014 at 14:19

Her er den nyeste mindeplatte, med Samir Haddad invasion af København

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/675323/gallery/commemorative_plate_kobenhavn.jpg?width=350

OS
10/02/2014 at 14:31

Nice Dachs, but the obvious question is hvor er mann hund?

OS
10/02/2014 at 14:42

Nice work Dachs, but can we have a translation please? (not OS's - that's obvious!)

10/02/2014 at 14:47

Too lazy to learn Danish, Bus?

Samir Haddad Fact #45: The engineers of the Oresund bridge between Copenhagen and Malmo refused to open it, until its strength had been tested by a Samir Haddad tempo run at 25 kph.

10/02/2014 at 14:54

nice work and loving the sandy toksvig

10/02/2014 at 15:34

Dean - I just don't think she will ever love you back.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.