Tell me if you think my definition of running a marathon is 'correct' .....

221 to 232 of 232 messages
28/02/2013 at 15:16
Also-ran wrote (see)

Blimey, named checked in a thread at last. It only took 12 months. From this day I no longer class myself as a newbie runner. I am a runner (who is prepared to take a walk break if needs must).

Thats not true Also Ran, I saw your name mentioned in another thread, but to be honest, because I think youre a nice guy, Im hesitant to post the link to it.

28/02/2013 at 15:19

28/02/2013 at 15:22
Also-ran wrote (see)

I wouldnt worry about it, RicF is wrong about a lot of things he says ....

28/02/2013 at 15:24

I really think I might be cut out for Stand Up you know ...... I can do my own routine and Im comfortable enough playing off a crowd as well and coming up with witty off the cuff comments.

Wheres the number of the Comedy Store ......

28/02/2013 at 15:25

Whats with your obsession over categories anyway DF3; whether someone has ran/walk/shuffled doesnt really matter. At least they had the bottle to enter and do it.

You were looking for a marathon in London... The Thames Meander Marathon - in August.

Nut up or shut up.

28/02/2013 at 15:31
JMopper wrote (see)

Whats with your obsession over categories anyway DF3; whether someone has ran/walk/shuffled doesnt really matter. At least they had the bottle to enter and do it.

You were looking for a marathon in London... The Thames Meander Marathon - in August.

Nut up or shut up.

August isnt a good month for me, just coming out of hayfever season and all.....

28/02/2013 at 15:33

Well that says it all really.

Theres those that do and theres those who sit on the side harping about their bad knee etc.

Edited: 28/02/2013 at 15:34
28/02/2013 at 15:53
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

The thing is if other athletic events adopted the same rules as 'marathon runners', you would end up with a high jump event where the competitor was allowed to use a chair jump off to help them out, or a shotput where they can use a lighter shot because the heavier one is a 'bit harder'.

Why should the rules be watered down so some office worker in Milton Keynes who goes to the gym twice a week can put themselves in the same category as a RicF or a PhilPub or even our very own Stevie G and Also-ran???

yeah baby you tell em!

Although in fairness I don't do marathons, and have no will to ever do one

28/02/2013 at 16:13

I really think I might be cut out for Stand Up you know ...... I can do my own routine and Im comfortable enough playing off a crowd as well and coming up with witty off the cuff comments.

I doubt it, you couldn't even come up with a thrush joke yesterday.

28/02/2013 at 16:21
Screamapillar wrote (see)

I doubt it, you couldn't even come up with a thrush joke yesterday.

Ha! thats true, I was hoping you had forgotten about that one.

28/02/2013 at 20:31

David, didn't you say in another thread that you failed to complete half marathon distance the first few times you tried? Running a marathon won't feel like you've only run two halve's.

28/02/2013 at 20:42
Also-ran wrote (see)

I wouldnt worry about it, RicF is wrong about a lot of things he says ....

Remind me, I've forgotton.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
221 to 232 of 232 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.