Thames Valley Cross Country 2011/12

The 'official' thread. Of course.

201 to 220 of 287 messages
10/01/2012 at 09:19
Stevie G . wrote (see)

I didn't know Datchet was in Kent   And you didn't say the whole lot were out!

That fella has an interesting track record... 1hr 15 half, sub 2min 800metre, but hardly anything on the board in the last 5 or 6 years!

I think most of that fast stuff was when he was at Loughborough Uni. He lapsed a bit when he left but is now coming back. He has an even faster brother who beat all the Dashers at one of the summer 5k series in 2011. Sadly only one of them has moved to the Windsor area.
10/01/2012 at 09:44
Coming back when you've been fast before, must be a challenge. He's still young though, so no reason he can't match it he he wants...although the track stuff might be an ask!
10/01/2012 at 12:08

Thanks for the good feedback SG, I enjoyed running an XC race that actually resembles XC.

Our women definitely had a good one seeing as they've been chasing a certain BFR lady who seems be in a good place at the moment.

Well done to all who ran.

Thanks for the praise Claire it means a lot.

10/01/2012 at 14:02

Tadley has to be the most varied course. And i definitely prefer the shorter races, even though we're only talking perhaps 1mile difference between shortest (Sandhurst) and longest (Datchet).

Bracknell's Annie is in a right purple patch...last series I was 2-3mins ahead, this series in 2 races has been1 min ahead! That's a  turnaround!

11/01/2012 at 19:34
so who's in for Bracknell?

Just heard it's the last one of the series, as Finch has been cancelled unfortunately. Permit issues.

What a shame, liked that one.
IronCat5    pirate
11/01/2012 at 20:04
Just heard too.
11/01/2012 at 20:27
Great pity. We had plans afoot to try to snatch series 2nd place from under RRR's noses
11/01/2012 at 20:32
Crikey you weren't joking then SG!  Boooo - what a shame! Anyone know of anything else going on that day?
11/01/2012 at 20:41
haha Sleepy, I'm not sly enough to try and con you so you don't bring Ben, and I can steal one more place

I'm already feeling guilty that marlow would have been 4th If I'd run for you on sunday

Did have a look on the events tracker, but no XC that day within 50miles, some XC on the saturday though...somewhere random, but 10k.
Edited: 11/01/2012 at 20:43
11/01/2012 at 20:49

Oh well that's me lost my 3rd lady in the club xc series for the season then.  I was relying on it for my 6th counter - on five I get pushed out of the placings - och well! No evidence of me ever existing in the Hall of Fame when I leave then

Sure I'll survive LOL

Might have to be a parkrun weekend then! Thanks for looking SG.

11/01/2012 at 20:53
Ahh no!! Sorry...it was me who changed the championship to even give that chance...before you used to have to do EVERY race, to even have a chance of getting top 3! I remember turning up at a race with a fever once, just to get my club points to avoid wasting a year's work!

You and Ben will definitely be remembered anyway for being a nice couple Just wish we could attract more your age range who weren't RAF and thus off just when they'd become familiar!
11/01/2012 at 21:02

Awwww bless!  That's a lovely thing to say! I'm not really that bothered about the points - I'd have run regardless - I just like mud!

We're really sad in one way to be going - we like it down here.  But have to look on the bright side (to keep me sane) we'll be nearer our families.  Still if you ever want to race up north I dare say we can put you up for the weekend!

11/01/2012 at 21:36
It's official that Finch is cancelled ?
11/01/2012 at 21:50
Ta Sleepy, you might come to regret that haha!

Sprint, 100%. It'll filter through via club reps in the very soon future...
IronCat5    pirate
11/01/2012 at 21:54
Does anyone fancy running the course anyway?
11/01/2012 at 22:08
Beware Of The Fish wrote (see)
Great pity. We had plans afoot to try to snatch series 2nd place from under RRR's noses
Mathematically possible but we needed to convert one of the thirds from Handy Cross and Reading to a second to be in with a real chance.
11/01/2012 at 22:19
Well, as sad as I am to miss a race - this cancellation means I can go to the mother in laws 50th birthday - family crisis averted ! Now just got to score at Bracknell and I'll have 7 scoring finishes out of 7.
11/01/2012 at 22:24
You'll smash that easily Sprint! Weren't you top Bracknell man home in a few of the races!

It is a funny old game though, you can never tell... last race i finished 7th overall, but a couple of miles into the Reading race I was lying 6th Sandhurst man!

Would have been an incredibly close series if Reading and Datchet had sent their best squads each race. Well..maybe not Reading as they'd have won it hands down, but you know what I mean

ps Cat...is a nice idea, but bit far for me to be honest...also i might well have to do a 12-15 that day...do they run that course in the summer some time? Or am I getting that mixed up with some of the Bracknell races?
Edited: 11/01/2012 at 22:25
12/01/2012 at 10:34
Sleepy Bear wrote (see)
Crikey you weren't joking then SG!  Boooo - what a shame! Anyone know of anything else going on that day?

Watford Half with Emma and me ??
12/01/2012 at 13:39
Lol - Believe me I thought about it but the man from Del Monte (Ben) says No! Think we'll stick to a parkrun/long run combo. 
201 to 220 of 287 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.