Thames Valley Cross Country 2011/12

The 'official' thread. Of course.

21 to 40 of 287 messages
30/10/2011 at 18:15

29th and first BFR male so chuffed to bits.

Annoyed to see us in 4th, but we will have to change that.

Firmer course than last year, got quite warm.. Fighting out with SJ and RRR's fast ladies for most of the race!

30/10/2011 at 18:25
Not surprised you're happy with that Sprint, that's quite an improvement on last year as I recall. I was the last counter for the Dashers and we have several potential single figure scorers who weren't available for this one, so you'll have to work hard to catch us
30/10/2011 at 18:45
Quite an improvement on last years team for you BOTF - New members or faster members?
30/10/2011 at 18:45

Top performance Sprint....but the game starts to get tougher, as I know Sandhurst will have some good runners coming back for the next races...

Good to read this thread...and looking forward to getting back involved at the 3rd race.

30/10/2011 at 18:51
True bud, but you can only beat the people you're next to. Just need a little more hill work and a replacement left hamstring, and I'll be sorted!
30/10/2011 at 19:55
Sprint for the line wrote (see)
Quite an improvement on last years team for you BOTF - New members or faster members?

Bit of both - some new members and some who've not done it before (and one multiple winner back from injury).
IronCat5    pirate
07/11/2011 at 19:58

Found the thread!

I'll be making my season debut at Sandhurst.

Hello to all the regulars from lastyear, and welcome to all the new ones.

SG-have you moved away from Striders now?

07/11/2011 at 20:29

nicely found Cat!

I have for the xc only. Sandhurst will be my xc racing team.

Ironically..a guy joined marlow...as 3rd claim..he won't race for us...who can do 50mins for 10miles. Makes my 58 look pretty pony...just when i thought it was decent

I'm hoping to make the 3rd race...but have got a bit of a niggle at the moment I'm hoping isn't too bad.It's that uncertain time where it could either be a massive problem, or back in a week!

IronCat5    pirate
07/11/2011 at 21:15

Sandhurst - the local opposition! I hope you've been sharpening your elbows

10 miles in 50 minutes, blimey, that's good going.

Heal well. I had a niggly achilles in July whilst training for Beachy Head. Unlike me I took it easy for a week or s, as I knew I had plenty of time to sort it out. Luckily all was good.

08/11/2011 at 18:30

cheers, to be fair it's a good time of year, as the main road stuff is all done and dusted, and only  XC coming up for a few months. If i did have to miss some it'd be a shame but not an ass.

What is an ass is this niggle! Glute muscle i think. I'd always presumed it was a hamstring thing, but completely different muscle to stretch! And not the kind of day to day stretching we all do as standard.

I'll have to race well to get up the scorers list for Sandhurst. If i have an off day I'll find myself out of the scoring 6 positions! Bit of a far cry from being guaranteed first home for Marlow whatever i ran like. Much better this way though.

10/11/2011 at 17:46
Everyone ready for Sunday's xc season highlight?

With even more runners than last year the usual starting stampede could be even more frantic than normal and perhaps more important before we get to the narrow sections later in the race.

For me the xc series isnt a particular target this year but I'll enjoy them all the same even if I have to stick the long runs in on a Saturday ahead of them. Ouch.

See you all Sunday.
11/11/2011 at 21:27

So whats Sundays course like? Club says 5m yet people who have done it say 6+?  Narrow sections dont sound great, how much is like this?

Looking forward to it though, hopefully nice and wet!

12/11/2011 at 21:45
5.9m. Narrow for 3-4 miles of this I would say. Dead flat, little mud. A huge contrast to the other events. At least I can walk to the start!
13/11/2011 at 13:28
Ah, there was no mud at all!! There was wind though and I appreciated the help of others who were willing to take the lead across the fields.

29th for me which probably makes me last counter for the club - a very good performance for the dashers at their home event.
14/11/2011 at 08:26
Good work Datchet, faultless hosting.

Chuffed with 35th, considering I was 90th last year. Almost got a RRR but he had the legs on me.

Salomon Speedcross 3s are coming into their own I must say.
14/11/2011 at 12:22
356 finishers which was a new record for Datchet, and probably for the league in general. Good job I went out and got extra finishing disks from 351 to 400.
14/11/2011 at 14:41

I think i remember that Datchet is always the highest attendance, and then it can start sloping, and by the last 1 or 2 is well down!

Handy Cross quite close to Christmas is always the acid test of both course toughness and attendance.

Personally I find a 3 hill section on the Finch course the toughest segment of the whole series. Splendid though

15/11/2011 at 13:10
Got my first ever Sandhurst approaching, will be an experience..
IronCat5    pirate
15/11/2011 at 13:37
I really enjoyed Sandhurst last year, though I recall it was about -3C when we arrived. The tractor ruts were frozen in, and the ground hard. In years before it has been quite boggy I've been told.
27/11/2011 at 13:39
Lovely race today, really enjoyed the course, an evil uphill tweak at the end.
21 to 40 of 287 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.