The Guardian's new running blog

Oh dear

21 to 28 of 28 messages
06/02/2013 at 16:41

the actual mag RW used to be good for race listings, then they minimised the section and took out loads of the minor details, so you had to check on the website version of RW instead.

I use a mix of the events on RW and Power of 10 though, just to make sure none of the dreaded ARC certified events creep in.

Tried fetch once or twice, the turnover on the threads is way too fast and the layout  is pretty abysmal. The search facility makes the RW one look like magic.

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 16:43
06/02/2013 at 16:51

never heard of fetch until now. just checked it out. ummmmm, looks like it was built in 1997. I was surprised there wasn't a flashing, rotating logo at the top, and some pictures of cats on it.

Due for a facelift I think.

06/02/2013 at 16:55

It really is a good training log though.  The only time the look of the site got on my tits was recently when an advertising banner was BRIGHT PINK, and rather annoyingly FLASHED a lot when trying to view on a mobile phone.  Instant headache.

AgentGinger wrote (see)

and some pictures of cats on it.

Erm, there's a picture of a cat on it right now! 

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 16:55
06/02/2013 at 17:24

flock me, you're right! ha.

06/02/2013 at 19:09

Fetcheveryone  and runners world  are  the right and left legs of the same body !

Sometimes i can't tell the difference. 

Except fetchies are shorter and plumper .

06/02/2013 at 19:11
Left & right legs ? I suppose KK is in between them ?
07/02/2013 at 10:17

They are advertising for people to write for the blog. Non-paid.

07/02/2013 at 10:36
Dustin wrote (see)

another non fan of fetch here, I think I went on when it first sprang up, but can't be arsed with all that 'log your miles here' and 'see how you compare' type stuff.
tbh I only come here for the forums, but do occasionally use the events stuff.
As for the Guardian well good luck to them. I read that Finn book (running with the Kenyans) , twas OK , if a little self indulgent, which is basically my view on blogs. Good luck to you if you want to read how someone you have a one way conversation with gets on in training. Just not for me.

I quite enjoyed Running with the Kenyans, but I do agree with Dustin on blogs.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.