The Liversedge Half-Marathon

Liversedge time again

1 to 20 of 25 messages
20/01/2013 at 12:58
Amazed no one has started this forum..

So its coming around again...LHM...Are you running this great friendly race?

Ran this one since 2007...Where does the time go??

Should of been running the Brass Monkey today at York...gutted its off.

Heres hoping the LHM doesn't follow suit...

I hope everyone will be cheering Bradford City on Tuesday in our quest for Wembley!!

C'mon CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!
20/01/2013 at 21:03

Will be gracing this one too. I train on the roads all around there so looking forward to it. Doing the not so exciting Dewsbury 10k week before too.

Both I would expect are weather permitting. I think the 10k was postponed for a month last year.

As a Town fan I will still be cheering you on but dont tell everyone

26/01/2013 at 16:07

Hope you won't be drinking the 2 steins that are on your profile pic before the race or you can kiss a PB goodbye..

26/01/2013 at 17:57
Ha Simon those were the days!! That's about 6 years ago I think in Barcelona. I couldn't drink one of them now.

Going to run the route in the morning as part of London training plan.
01/02/2013 at 20:48

Ha -Ha nice one hope your training is going well I didn't get in London (thank god!) but the missus has entered us into Plusnet marathon so have to up the training in August so good luck in your London preperation.

06/02/2013 at 15:51

Hoping the weather holds out for Sunday - forecast is sleet at the moment! 

08/02/2013 at 06:13
I'm giving it a go should be fun looks like heavy snow
Never run it before so is it as hilly as they say ?
08/02/2013 at 09:41

Bradders yes it is a hilly bugger. I ran it as a recci couple of Sundays ago and it certainly tests you. Theres a beaut of a hill at 8.5 mile called Walton Road. It just goes on forever and you can see the top all the way up but it never seems to arrive. When I did it a couple of weeks ago the rain was coming at me sidewards with a hint of hail in it and there is absolutely no shelter at this point. It was ace 

BBC weather is looking like sleet light snow so hopefully will be ok underfoot. If you dont know the area it is high and open so can be windy too so I would recommend not forgeting the hat and gloves!!

Its a well organised event and I'm sure we will all have a great time as on most races we do.

Good luck everyone and enjoy

08/02/2013 at 12:27

Website says event may be cancelled if the weather is bad and there will be no refunds

08/02/2013 at 12:47

I live not far from the course and ran it as a training run last Sunday.  Living round here it is no worse than a normal training run i don't think.  If you are running it for the first time I wouldn't be too bothered if your first mile was a tad fast.  At mile 3 there is a nice long downhill section that could ruin your race if you take it a too fast.  It's then basically steady up hill from mile 7 ish to mile 10, some bits steeper than others.  At 10 miles if you still have a push in your legs then my advice would be to go for it.  As Keggi says, for the most part you are really exposed so I'd make the best use of the wind whilst its behind you and try to stay in someones shadow when you going into the wind.

Good luck all.

08/02/2013 at 16:43

thats a bit bad no refunds what about them doing different date ?

09/02/2013 at 08:24
Hope the snow stays away as much as possible. If there is any snow are they likely to cancel? More worried about the downhills than the uphills. It's steep going down bailiff bridge!!!
09/02/2013 at 16:02

Website has been updated and says:

"Forecast is now for snow later on in the afternoon, and maybe to the South of Roberttown, so we should be OK. If the weather is unkind to us and we do have to cancel, we will put a message on here as soon as possible"

Keep your fingers crossed everyone. Although if it is still on it will be a cooooold one 

09/02/2013 at 17:03

I like the fact that they keep updating the website as the forecast changes. 

09/02/2013 at 18:14
Nice one hope we can run been looking forward to
It like a challenge :0)
09/02/2013 at 18:29

Looking forward to it too.  Hoping for "sleet" not snow.  It's my first HM and I've picked a hilly one!! 

09/02/2013 at 22:30
Don't worry take it steady it's all good fun even in snow lol
09/02/2013 at 22:31
Good luck everyone :0)
10/02/2013 at 20:51

Great race today hope everyone enjoyed it, even though the snow at the start!!

I dont know how but I actually smashed 5 minutes off my pb!!

If anyone gets any links to an official photograper please linky here. I'm sure I saw some official looking people around the course plus start and finish.

10/02/2013 at 21:08
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ANDREWTHRIP
1 to 20 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.