The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

6,141 to 6,160 of 12,355 messages
06/01/2011 at 08:08

morning all, I was not very good last night tbh! Had to go straight from work to hospital cos my aunt was taken ill, spent all evening waiting for her to be admitted so on the way there, I had, filet o fish some wedges.  When I  got home I was so down about the whole evening, I had a slice of xmas cake and coffee! Strangely though I feel ok with myself))) I keep counting my blessings that I am well when so many around me have horrid flu and all sorts!  I am confident I will lose it.

angel, I feel like throwing some stuff out of my house too!!! Cake to start with.....

06/01/2011 at 08:57

Morning all

Wabo - I hope you Aunt is ok.

I am giving blood today so no exercise for me this evening.  My work clothes were feeling a little bit tight yesterday but slightly better today.  I have put on about three pounds over Christmas so not too bad.

06/01/2011 at 09:10

dd thanks, hope blood giving goes well, I really must get along and give some more of mine!

my trousers feel a bit tight today...

06/01/2011 at 09:14
Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your aunt Wabo - I can understand what you mean when you say you feel ok with eating the 'wrong' food - sometimes it's just not the right time to be looking at what you can and can't eat.

DD - hope blood giving goes well too.

How is everyone? Weigh in tomorrow.....
06/01/2011 at 11:45
Morning everyone

Wabo - I hope your Aunt is doing better.

DD - Well done giving blood. I've got to wait for the results of a gene test before I can give again.

Vixx - I'm fine, how are you doing?
06/01/2011 at 18:56

Evening, not bad.

Weigh in moved to next Tuesday, don't ask !

oii
06/01/2011 at 20:35
What are everyones low cal munchies at night fixes? I just had an options hot chocolate and 2 Jaffa cakes, not sure it's worked though! Someone on the ww site said about freezing grapes? Or making up ice lollies with sugar free squash?
07/01/2011 at 05:53

Wabo:Hope your Aunt is okay.

oii: Flapjacks for me in evening, not sure exactly how low cal though !

07/01/2011 at 10:04
Morning all.

I've had the horror of the first weigh in of the year.

15st 8.
07/01/2011 at 10:20

Morning all

I saw my asthma consultant yesterday, he says my asthma has got as bad as it is because of the extra weight I'm carrying around. He says I have to drop a stone. I almost cried when he told me - I've been trying for a good six months and nothing has happened. As of yesterday I'm 'off' the depo but temporarily on another mini-pill (which can also cause weight gain), so hopefully, once the depo leaves my system I can start actually burning off some fat. 

When I told my boss this morning, her jaw dropped! She's trying to persuade me to go to Weightwatchers but I think I'll leave it a couple of months, see how quickly this nasty, nasty drug leaves my system.

If I wasn't determined to lose weight before, I definitely am now.  I'm adding yoga and two weights sessions into my training programme as well as building my weekly mileage to around 26 mpw.   

Happy Friday's all

Tx

07/01/2011 at 10:33

Morning all.

LFC - I am sure once you get back into the swig of things you will lose the weight you have put on over Christmas fairly quickly.

Antb - I hope the changes have the desired effect.

Did anyone see that program about losing weight on BBC one at 10.30, if not I recommend you watch it on iplayer.  It was really good.

07/01/2011 at 13:15
AllNewTB - Hope things work out the way you want.

I'm off to watch Famous and Fearless tonight. It's live on Channel 4.
oii
08/01/2011 at 12:43
Wabi - I hope your aunt is ok

Antb- good luck!!

Lfc - how did fandf go? I've been keeping my eye on it this week!

Saw the new Russell Crowe movie last night, my gosh, it was great! Just off to wash my car. Mushroom omelette for brunch. Going for a jog when the sun goes down (0:
09/01/2011 at 19:04
Oii - Had a great time watching F&F. A lot of faffing around at the beginning to get in but after that it was a good experience. It was nice to be in the audience for a change.
09/01/2011 at 19:20
oii - how would you rate the Crowe film for the following:

-plot?
-cinematography?
-watchable?

out of 10....

Hi lfc -waves-
09/01/2011 at 19:48
Hi Vixx <<waves>>
10/01/2011 at 05:58

Morning

Went to the local cinema to see 'Little Fockers' on Sat night. Quite funny, but not as good as 'Meet the Fockers' !

10/01/2011 at 08:40

Morning all,

I've not been too good since last week as I came down with a cold/sore throat type thing.  Not really eaten that much, but been drinking fruit juice and lucozade, and eating ice cream.  Back to it today though.  I'm planning to go and join the gym on Friday, as they have an open weekend, and joining fee will be £1 instead of £50.  I think i'll just go for walks in the evening/lunchtime til then while i''m getting over this cold.  I actually went for a run on Wednesday for the first time in ages, did 20 mins, but ended up walking about half, although my cold came on really quickly, was feeling fine when ~i got home, but was really rough by bedtime, so if that was starting I expect it affected my run.

10/01/2011 at 08:49
birkmyre - is it true that most of Little Fockers is just Meet The Parents/Fockers rehashed? Want to go and see it but if that is the case then I'll wait for DVD.....

Angel - hope you feel better soon! The cold will probably have affected your run but it may also have sped up the cold so that it would come out quicker rather than linger.
10/01/2011 at 09:14

Morning all.

Hope you are feeling better soon Angel.

Vixx - I entered the Great Manchester 10k last night - I did not realise it was still open for entires until a friend mentioned it this weekend.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.