The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

6,161 to 6,180 of 12,355 messages
10/01/2011 at 09:15
DD - the Bupa one?
oii
10/01/2011 at 10:40

dd- good luck

angel-get well soon (0:

vixx -  plot 7.5/10
-cinematography 7/10
-watchable 7/10

which looks like low scores but I am super fussy at the cinema. So they are actually quite high!!! 

10/01/2011 at 10:55
Yes Vixx - some of my Manchester colleagues are doing it as well
10/01/2011 at 12:38
Vixx: Yeah ! I was hoping it'f be a funnier film than it turned out. It was me who wanted to go and see it !
10/01/2011 at 12:53
DD - I'm doing it too!

oii - I too am super fussy at the cinema, but I do tend to go anyway if a film looks good enough. It's just nice to have other people's opinions

birkmyre - I think I'll wait for the DVD then
10/01/2011 at 12:57
Vixx: Yeah probably a good idea !
11/01/2011 at 08:28
Morning all - they are dropping like flies at my work, two people hahe already rung in sick. I think it is only a matter of time before I pick something up with our air conditioning system and all the germs flying around.
11/01/2011 at 08:42

Morning DD and everyone.  It's really dead here too, but it just seems to have become that way over the last few months, people leaving and on secondment and stuff.

I'm really enjoying the Lee Child book to those who said he was good.  Think i'll have to go back and get some earlier ones.  Did anyone watch biggest loser last night?  I was conflicted as I wanted an early night, but also wanted to watch that and glee.  Ended up watching them and going to bed at 11.  Can't believe that people can lose over a stone in a week.  I'm tempted to try a week of working out 3 times a day (they do 4 , but I have work) to see how much I could lose.  Not really sustainable though.

11/01/2011 at 10:08
Morning all.

At that size, all they will be losing in the first week will be water. I did enjoy it but when they were doing the weigh in's, Some of them are very close to my weight of 15st 8.
11/01/2011 at 10:41

You are a tall man tho.  The only one lighter than me at the start was the young girl, but based on my weight before I started last April, which I think i'm currently nearly back to, I don't think i'm far off a lot of the women, and they'll be going below me fast at that rate.  Going for a weigh in tonight, feeling quite motivated.  Don't want to look like that!!

11/01/2011 at 10:49

Good luck with the weigh in Angel, my first weigh tonight as well.  I suspect I will be a couple of pounds heavier than before Christmas.

LFC - I suspect with all the running you do your body fat % will be much lower than the people on that program.

11/01/2011 at 10:56
Good luck with your weigh in's Angel and DD.

It just shows you how misleading these charts can be. According to them I am nearly obease. I am currently a loose 34" in trousers.
11/01/2011 at 11:06
Morning all

I didn't watch Biggest Loser but will see if I can catch up on replay. I was watching Glee and Tool Academy, so I can make sure I never become like one of them! (Not that I am planning too, but I'd much rather see the bad examples of manhood so that I KNOW what to avoid becoming!)

I'd love to be able to exercise 4 times a day and now I might have to with my entry for the Lightning Run confirmed! I had a good test on Sunday though getting caught up with all the Liverpool and Man U fans en route to Old Trafford - lots of weaving in and out.....

DD and Angel - hope you don't catch anything!

Lfc - your photos don't show you to be obese - have you had a body fat test done recently?

Hi to birkmyre if you are lurking
11/01/2011 at 11:34
Never had a body fat test done. I wouldn't even know where to get one done or what it's for.
11/01/2011 at 11:51
A body fat test measures the percentage of fat and muscle (and sometimes how hydrated you are, dependant on the test you use).

It is useful to know your body fat as it then puts things like BMI into perspective. Your BMI may put you at obese, but if you are majority muscle then BMI is irrelevant. The example I use with my clients is that when Linford Christie was at his peak as a runner, he was approximately 5'7" and coming up for 17 stone. BMI would put him at obese, or even clinically obese. However, Linford was 8% fat and the rest muscle.

Would YOU want to tell the guy he's obese?
11/01/2011 at 11:57
He's only 5'7"? I'm 6'2" and I thought he was around my size, hight, not muscle.
11/01/2011 at 12:04
My apologies - he is in fact 6'2"
11/01/2011 at 12:10
My avatar here is pretty much the shape I'm in at the moment. Don't know how much you can tell off it. Where would you get a test done?
11/01/2011 at 12:20
You can get them done in gyms mainly. I think some health care providers might do them.

I do them for clients with a report as to what the stats mean, so other freelancers may do them too.
11/01/2011 at 12:54

hi all, sorry I have not been around at all but my auntie is ill in hospital and I have no spare time.  Hope you are all well, I am fighting off teh bugs too, cant afford to be ill right now.  No running going on till weekend.  On  a good note, I am pretty sure there will be weight loss, I know so in fact but will post tomorrow morning

good luck weigh ins later!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.