The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

9,681 to 9,700 of 12,355 messages
oii
12/01/2012 at 12:27

LFC - i can feel the ankle if you know what i mean, but i am not limping or anything. I iced my calf muscles and right ankle when i got in and massaged all three before i went to bed. I raised/iced the right ankle agin this morning b4 work. I feel that, its just going to take a lot of commitment to keep it going! And lots of core stability work and NO binging on naughty food

12/01/2012 at 13:39
Well, went to doc's this morning - her first day back after holiday and I'm in first! I managed to put her on the defensive in minutes due to me not getting any correspondence from her about my tests and stuff - turns out the results were sent to where they needed to be when they came in - but had not been indicated. Also - left hand don't know what the right's doing, as she said she was waiting for the psych reports to say I was ready - and they were already on the computer! So she had all the stuff there to give me the prescription, but hadn't read the letter I had as obviously it's her first day back.

She did my BP (113/75) and weighed me (94kg).

Tomorrow I will be doing my body stat and taking pictures. The body stat results will go on here - the pictures will not.

Saturday I will start.....

How is everyone today? Eating well?
12/01/2012 at 22:09
Ooh Vixx = are you excited, scared or a bit of both?  Hope it does whatit says on the tin
12/01/2012 at 23:28
I'm more nervous to be honest

I don't have any positive role models to look at who are ahead of me. I see the ones who are fat, have aggression issues, acne, heart problems, and generally can act like an idiot. They don't all have all of these - most have one or more.

I like my personality and I am grateful for my health. I am scared I might lose both
13/01/2012 at 06:08

Vixx: All the best.

2lbs lighter than 1st weigh in of 2012 last week.

It's a start.

13/01/2012 at 09:12
Thanks birkmyre.

Here are my bodystat stats for anyone interested:

Total body weight: 206lb (14st 10lb) (163-179 lb)
Body Fat (%): 37% (21-27%)
Body Fat in lbs: 76.3 lb (35-46 lb)
Lean Tissue: 63% (129.6lb) (126-137 lb)
Hydration (%): 45% (50-60%)
Hydration in litres: 42 litres (47-56 litres)
Estimated Energy Req: 2946 kcal/day
Estimated Energy at Rest: 1841 kcal/day

The second lot of figures in brackets are the recommended range for where I should be....
13/01/2012 at 09:47

wow vixx thats a lot of stats! Its interesting stuff.  Good luck to you too vixx. Glad you pulled out of that race, for you that is, its kind of ok when you know you need to- a relief almost I think?

Oii yep are measurements are similar, when I read your's I thought, thats funny!

5 weeks to Peru! Want to be a good weight for that, mind you I lost weight out there last year, could be good!

Park run inthe morning, looking for a pb...

Whats everyone else up to?

13/01/2012 at 09:55
Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely xmas and new year, not been on for ages.
13/01/2012 at 10:10
vixx, add that I eat more when cold or bored, I am both today which is not good....
14/01/2012 at 10:14

Morning all - Hi Angel I hope you are ok.

Vixx - massive amounts of good luck.

Back from 2 days of eating and drinking at works annual conference.  Feeling a bit tired and lathargic need healthy food, exercise and early nights.  No more distractions now so I can knuckle down and get going on that final target.

Have a good weekend everyone

14/01/2012 at 11:12
Why don't we put our targets here?

Thanks for the good luck messages. Have trained, now for a shower and the first application....
14/01/2012 at 11:55

Hi Vixx, my current target is not to drop out of the half marathon I entered even though i've not been able to do anything for 2 months.

Went for a 30 min walk run this morning and zumba wed, going to start upping the intensity now i'm pretty much better. My only aim is to get round, I think my best bet might be run walk, maybe 30 min run 10 walk. 

Good luck with everything Vixx.

Anyone doing anything this weekend.  I had a big IT disaster at work just before xmas and one of the managers sorted out a reward and recognition thing because of how I handled it, so I can go out for a meal and claim it back, so think we're going to go for that tonight.

Hi DD, Wabo, lfc, oii, birkmyre, rltw

14/01/2012 at 11:55
My targets:

Body fat down 5% by April.
Weight down 7lb by April.

14/01/2012 at 12:15
Car cleaned at last this morning
14/01/2012 at 15:00

Was that your target Birkmyre ?

Targets for me -

Get a PB at Parkrun.

Would like to lose 3+ pounds to get me back under 9 stone

Would love to do a sub hour 10K, though I would settle in the first instance for doing a 10K without needing to walk.

To train

oii
15/01/2012 at 17:31
Really good, achievable targets on here.

I'm having a think....
15/01/2012 at 17:33
How was your bike ride yesterday oii?
oii
15/01/2012 at 18:52
Bit of a lung smasher Vixx! Didn't go out with the tri club as needed to get to Nottingham so couldn't spend 4 hours on the session. Did a 22 mile lap, including the mile and a half long hill near me that I've been worrying about since I got my bike! Really glad I got it done, such hard work, I had to stop to get my heart rate down a couple of times. I'll do that hill without stopping next time!

Did you train this weekend?
15/01/2012 at 18:58
Did and am!

I figure being as I am being given a gift of sorts with the hormones, I am doing CV training in the mornings before applying the gel (can't have injections yet due to a national shortage), and am then doing weights in the evenings before the gel is washed off.

You can find my weights programme on Fetch. I am doing body weight, resistance band and dumbell work.

Good work on the hill! There's a country park type area I used to go to in Cheltenham that had to be reached up a big-ass hill. Is it anywhere near that?
oii
15/01/2012 at 19:37
that all sounds really good Vixx, you sound very focused! What is in the gel?

The top of the hill is the golf course, its where a lot of people go walking, mountain biking, dog walking etc. Not sure i'd say country park , but its not far off it. And it is at the top of a big-ass hill xxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.