The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

81 to 100 of 12,355 messages
23/04/2009 at 17:06
its actually a really nice and easy session compared to most of them, and your feet and legs numb to the cold within a few minutes !!
Rc.    pirate
23/04/2009 at 18:42
Bugger no running for another week . The sciatica has all but gone but it would appear that I have done something to the pyroformis muscle as well. When the physio masaged that muscle jeepers was well sore. Still one more week wont hurt to much I suppose ...aaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
23/04/2009 at 22:31

Rodeo- sorry about the pyroformis!

Can't wait until weigh in, turned down profiteroles this evening . A week choc free!

23/04/2009 at 22:33

well done foxy lady, we're all proud of you . i love profiteroles, especially when you have all the choc sauce left in the bottom of the bowl

im feeling hungry now, time for bed !

Rc.    pirate
23/04/2009 at 22:34
A week choc free wow.. It would appear that a bag of peanut M&M's and a bag of Jelly babies have turned up in my kitchen
23/04/2009 at 22:41

Jelly Babies are the food of champions (although personally I prefer Jelly Tots as my mid-race fuel).

gingerfurball    pirate
23/04/2009 at 22:51
/delurks...*creeeps into thread.....I might join in...not doing GNR - but I'd given internal organ to do so!! - but I really need the discipline of a weekly weigh in thread!! <waves to Foxy Lady>...../lurks again!!
23/04/2009 at 22:59
I love profiteroles too. I love ANY chocolate. Anyway, change the subject. First bike commute tomorrow - can someone explain why the hell that should be making me nervous? It's been a friggin nightmare to prepare for it.
23/04/2009 at 22:59

Hi GFB. Nice to see you. By finding 2 of us over here, are we admitting that the "Losing it.." thread seems to have drifted away from it's original purpose???

When people lurk and delurk like this it always makes me think of StarTrek and vessels cloaking and decloaking (think it was the Klingons mostly, but ready to be corrected).

23/04/2009 at 23:02
Good Luck Blithbury, hope you have lots of high viz gear. Let us know how it goes and that you get in safely.
23/04/2009 at 23:29
Well as its friday morning here i guess i should admit my weight, i was 10stone 1lbs on monday and after a shocker of a week foodwise i was 10 stone 3lbs this morning! First goal is to get back in the 9s!
24/04/2009 at 00:18

Hi Sydney  - well done on your goal-setting. It may not have been a good week food-wise, but you have acknowledged it and weight loss can start here. 

Hi BBS - good luck on your bike commute.  Weigh in is more realistic if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning, starkers, after the loo.....  then you can see how dehydrated you are after your cycle.

Hi mr sj, and foxy 

Rodeo CLownz - I hope the piriformis gets better soon.  I had problems there last year.

Welcome GFB

I have never read the losing it thread - hope people aren't thinking I have ripped it off......

Rc.    pirate
24/04/2009 at 00:40
How long for your piriformis to clear up Vixx?
24/04/2009 at 07:46

morning everyone, hope your all fit and well and chocolate free (apart from foxy lady and her profiteroles!)

my friday morning weigh in -

• friday 17 april - 12st 9lb
  • friday 24 april - 12st 3lb

im usually a bit of a grazer and eat all day but ive been really good this week and been doing loads of running and its paying off. hope everone else is doing well

24/04/2009 at 07:49

wow, good losing mr sj!

I'm just about to leave work so have a great weekend everyone, i hope to report back on monday with more virtuous eating over the weekend!

24/04/2009 at 09:58

Weigh in- 2lbs off this week, quite a lot to go. How did Mr sj do that? I've run 33 miles, been really good and lost just 2, men just have it easy.  (that's green with envy).

Vixx- there's a thread called Losing it with Nam and Bear- been going about a year, I lurked for a long while then joined around Xmas and put on about 5 lbs! Lots of training andhealthy eatiing is discussed amongst other things, and occasionally weightloss. Over time it has gained in charm and kind of mislaid its purpose a little.  It's a great thread and I don't think they'll feel ripped off in any way!

Good luck Sydney, hope next week goes better for you. It's keeping the motivation up that's the hard part. I have a firend visiting from Canada soon so that's another goal for me to lose for as I haven't seen her for 18 months, probably since I started training seriously altho' she has seen the odd race photo in that time.

Must do some work now I'm here. So nice not to run today but need a sports massage desperately.

have a good day/ weekend folks.

oii
24/04/2009 at 10:14

weigh in april 24th - 10st 2lbs

weight goal - 8st 7lbs

target date - sept 13th for robin hood marathon

good luck everyone!

24/04/2009 at 10:26

Hi

Weight isnt really my problem... body fat is.  I am 5'7" and weigh 10.10, so not that heavy.  However I have too much body fat.  I go to the gym 4 times per week, spinning, circuit, plus I run twice per week.  Ive just joined a running club because my personal trainer told me the best way to shift my body fat is through running.  so.... im hoping running will be my saving grace and help me shift the fat.  I dont eat choc, crisps, cakes etc.  I eat a healthy diet, can only assume its the latte and alcohol (though I dont drink that much).  Portion size could be a prob for me too, so ive just invested in some food scales.

24/04/2009 at 10:42
Bike commute went well. Loved it. 55 minutes at leisurely pace. Feel great.Errr...weight on scales this morning pre-commute was 13stone 1lb so I have lost 9lbs in two weeks, though that did include the crash diet in week 1.  Even better, trousers felt loose when I put them on after bike commute this morning. So:-

BBS - M - 39 - TWL: 2.5 stone - WLTD: 1 August 2009 - WWL: 3lbs - TWL: 9lbs

24/04/2009 at 10:47

Well done BBS, glad you got in safely! Even better that your trousers are feeling comfy, you'll be needing a new belt before you know it!

81 to 100 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.