The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,001 to 11,020 of 12,355 messages
11/07/2012 at 08:42

11,000 posts for this thread

Morning everyone - I think the sun is trying to make an appearance.

11/07/2012 at 08:56

Quite sunny here too

11/07/2012 at 09:51

Weighing in tonight.  Been doing weight watchers now for 7 weeks, and up to last week lost 16 1/2 lbs.  Unfortunately that still puts me at 1.5lb over my 2010 START weight   fingers crossed i'll get below that tonight, would like to lose 2.5 so that I get into the next stone bracket.  I'm finding it really good though, since I started i've had 2 weddings and various other days and nights out and still lost weight everyweek.  I tried WW years ago and hated it, found the meeting really 'fat fighters' and thought the plan gave too much opportunity to be unhealthy.  There is still that, but now all fruit and most veg is zero points, so def eating more of that, and I find it far more adaptable than rosemary conely, which I was doing before, where if I had a meal out or something I had to cheat, so then it was, well if i'm cheating I may as well have a burger and chips.  Then more junk when I get home.  Whereas this you can fit things like that in, so I don't need to cheat, and I also don't feel like  want a week off to enjoy a takeaway or whatever, beause i've been having them.

Quick questin, does anyone have any idea why coffee might be making me feel sick lately?  I only have one cup of tea or fresh coffee a day, so don't drink a lot.  I have more milk in coffee, and milky things tend to make me feel a bit sick, but tried it with almond milk this morning and still started feeling queasy 10 mins after I finished.

11/07/2012 at 10:08

Morning all

Angel - Have you tried decaf? I sometimes got a sick feeling with coffee (I have mine black) but I have never had a problem with the decaf.

11/07/2012 at 12:16

afternoon all

angel not a clue, vixx is the best one for that

1 more sleep guys!!!!

oh my goodness....

12/07/2012 at 06:39

Morning

11000 plus now, Great to see

Need to catch up.

12/07/2012 at 06:39

Wabo: Are you nearly there yet...

12/07/2012 at 08:29

I think Wabo will be off the charts around now!

Morning all!

How are you today birkmyre?

Angel - I will look into the coffee thing. What quality of coffee are you drinking?

oii
12/07/2012 at 09:47

angel - 16 1/2 pounds off is really good work! well done you!!!!

not a scooby why you dont feel great after a mug of the heavenly black stuff. i feel bl**dy awful if i dont have one!!!

i am back at weightwatchers as of last wednesday. i find it ALOT more doable now. i know carbs are way higher in points than they used to be. BUT it is better now fresh fruit is free in points. It means i make healthy protein options and healthy snack options!

12/07/2012 at 11:51

Thanks guys.  LFC - I might try decaf, see if it helps.  Vixx - I have a twinings blend of ground coffee that I make in the cafitiere (sp?) have no problems with tea. 

I lost 3lbs last night, so back to below where I started a couple of years ago.  It's quite bad, as part of me feels a bit like I can now get started on the 'real' weight loss.  

I really like the new plan oii, I love the weekly points, they really keep me going.  I go on a wed too (obviously), so we can compare notes afterwards.

Running group tonight - hills apparently

13/07/2012 at 09:16

Morning all

Well done Angel losing that weight, it's took hard work and determination to get it off and it will help you with the rest. How did the running group session go?

I was not meant to run this week. School stuff getting in the way (my daughter's prom last night, she looked amazing and had a great time). I got a cold on Tuesday and I just can't shake it, so not even running on different nights.

oii
13/07/2012 at 09:28

lfc - saw the pics on fb, she looked soooooo lovely, i bet you and mrs lfc were so proud!!! defo a week off if you have a bug, get well soon!

angel - well done on your 3lbs off! i am glad you can now get started on your "real" weight loss. i lost 2lbs. i have 28lbs to lose altogther so i have 26 to go now. I have a girls holidat last weekend in september, so i have serious motivation. I also have an invite to a very close friends NYE party so i am certainly not going to be wrapped up in a baggy jumper! 

13/07/2012 at 09:43

Morning all.

Congrats on your weightloss Angel and Oii. 

LFC get well soon.  Your daughter looked lovely.

I have had a sore throat for the last 3 days so am feeling a bit sorry for myself - also fed up with the weather.

Oii - I am loving Le Tour, yesterday was a fantastic day.  Have series linked the highlights program so I don't miss it.  Also been watching the text updates during work on the BBC

13/07/2012 at 11:01

DD - hope you're feeling better soon.

14/07/2012 at 07:09

Morning

Not bad Vixx, just walked Geordie. he wakened me

Dry and mild up here. Run or bike later.

14/07/2012 at 07:10

Congrtats: Wabo and Oii

14/07/2012 at 10:09

Morning all - trying out body pump at the gym today. Should be interesting with my rubbish upper body strength.

oii
15/07/2012 at 08:42
Dd- are you at a fitness first? How did you get on at body pump? I really like that class. I need to be told what to do with weights! So it suits me.

I also am watching Le Tour highlights in the evening and watching the bbc text in the day @ work!!!

I dossed at afriends yesterday and despite them having no bike interest AT ALL, they let me watch watch the full tour coverage, I have AMAZING friends!

Vixx - ironman Frankfurt highlights were on CH4 this morning, epic race. Can't wait!!!! Watch it online on 4od!!!
15/07/2012 at 12:04

Morning Oii - I go to a small private gym near me, it is not part of a chain.  Sounds posh but in fact it is one of the cheapest around especially with my corporate discount and is only a 2 minute drive from my house.

Body pump was brill, just what I need.  I do loads of cardio with running and spinning but not much resistance so this is ideal.  Looking for another similar class to fit into my schedule.

Loving Le Tour - dipped into it during the day yesterday and watched the highlights this morning waiting for my museli to go down before my run. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  8 Mile lsr for me this morning, weather dry for a change.

oii
15/07/2012 at 15:29
45 mile sportive done. My bike is incredible and he really looks after me. I hope to one day be able to do him some justice (0:

My friend is racing Ironman Zurich today with two other friends. Following him on the athlete tracker. Impressive swim and bike times.

No update for about 20 minutes on the run. Very concerned, esp as he went in with a slightly dodgy calf muscle.

Everything crossed he has just lost his timing chip.....
11,001 to 11,020 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.