The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,141 to 11,160 of 12,355 messages
17/08/2012 at 23:04

not much going on here vixx, cycling definitely on the agenda, san miguels at the moment though

18/08/2012 at 06:38

Morning just back from walking Geordie

Dreich with smiry rain. Will run later.

19/08/2012 at 07:46

Moring

Very quiet on here yesterday

Warm and sunny from about mid-day yesterday

You lot all out enjoying it down south ?

19/08/2012 at 10:43

Wasn't warm here birkmyre Or sunny really.

How are you doing? I meant to ask - what sort of job are you looking for in your new life? Are you going to miss what you do now?

Where is everyone?

19/08/2012 at 11:12

Down in sunny London visiting brother and nephews, 31 degrees yesterday.

Back in the North West now - still humid, looks like rain is on the way.

19/08/2012 at 11:45

Hi DD!

Bugger - it's just started raining as I looked out the window to tell you if it was raining or not!

20/08/2012 at 11:14

Morning everyone, time for me to de-lurk.

Back to normal work for me now, the main difference is that there is more than just me here and I am hearing about other people's holidays. 

Anyway, I am on a mission to get fitter and lose a bit of weight, so I will start with my weigh in's on Friday. I am after food idea's, cheap and family compatible.

20/08/2012 at 12:33

Hello LFC - hello all.

I too am on a mission to get fitter and lighter.  Weigh in for me tomorrow.

LFC - I always look for good offers (BOGOFs) etc on chicken, fish or extra lean mince and freeze what I don't use straight away. I love stirfry, casseroles, chilli, spag boll.  Made with all kinds of mince not just beef but turkey and chicken as well - whatever is on offer.

20/08/2012 at 13:26

DD - I always look for stuff like that, always good to have in. I have just had a pasta dish that I made a couple of weeks ago and froze the remainder. Really nice and apparently quite good for you.

21/08/2012 at 05:49

Morning

Wet and warm up here. 2 showers of rain when out. Very cooling indeed. Not often you'll hear me say that for my morning run. Very humid during the night.

4M Steadily done.

Edited: 21/08/2012 at 05:49
21/08/2012 at 08:40

Morning all

Wet and warm in the North West of England as well Birkmyre.

Good running Birkmyre.

Weigh in for me tonight - starting point tonight and then I will assess my realistic goals, fitness and weightloss wise, for the run up to the Christmas.

Just heard that they will be starting a parkrun 15 minutes down the road from me in Delamere Forest in October - well chuffed.

21/08/2012 at 22:12

Hi birkmyre and DD

How was your weigh in DD?

Nice one on your 4M birkmyre - have you got any events lined up?

22/08/2012 at 05:56

Morning

Vixx: Not at the moment.I really should decide on a race and get race fit for it.

22/08/2012 at 12:53

afternoon all

weigh in 10st 11lb, 2 more lbs, happy about that especially as I havent been able to run

23/08/2012 at 05:49

Morning you lot from a dark and cooler West of Scotland

5M Fartlek and it seemed very dark this morning

23/08/2012 at 14:12

Afternoon all

Wabo - that's good with the weight.

Birkmyre - I really don't like the longer nights. I think I'll have to move somewhere like Florida or something, not that I know if the night draw in like ours, just it would be better than here. 

Legs were feeling it yesterday. On Tuesday, I cycled to the running club, about 5.5 miles, then did my run of just over 3.5 miles, then cycled back home. My legs haven't had a workout like that for some time. The good thing is that I was able to run without wearing my knee support for the first time in ages so things are looking up.

How is everyone?

23/08/2012 at 22:10

WELL DONE WABO!!!!

birkmyre - I hate dark mornings, and tonight, it's like someone just turned the lights out....

lfc - great news on not needing the knee support!! (when are we going to go for a run again?)

DD - do you fancy a run sometime?

Where is everyone?

24/08/2012 at 06:40

Morning

From a dreich and warm West of Scotland. Smiry rain on eralier

Be back later

24/08/2012 at 09:31

Morning all - not looking good weather wise for the weekend.

Vixx - I would be up for a run, maybe we should all meet up at a parkrun locally, say Liverpool or one of the Manchester ones.

Have had a bad couple of days as we have all been put on notice of redundancy.  Looks like I will be finishing my current job at the end of November. 

24/08/2012 at 13:08

thanks vixx

lfc, thats great about the knee support

dd, sorry to hear that, its worrying times right now

today lots of cycling for me, definitely picks me up and makes me feel better!

11,141 to 11,160 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.