The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,181 to 11,200 of 12,362 messages
31/08/2012 at 05:47

Mornnig Vixx

Yeah it was surprisingly sunny/warm yesterday.

An easy 4M done. Dry, cold, no wind. Cracking morning for running.

31/08/2012 at 09:49

Morning all - Friday at last.

Lovely sunny day here as well Birkmyre - hope it lasts for the weekend.

31/08/2012 at 11:38

Birkmyre - you shamed me into going out for a run. Thank you

6.25 miles done in lovely sunshine

Hi DD - how was your 10km? You never said?

31/08/2012 at 12:28

hi all

bike's fixed and I will be cycling home later, cant wait

I managed a 4 mile (just short) with the club last night, it was lovely and no reaction from my calf!

vixx will inbox you

31/08/2012 at 14:02

Hi Vixx - sorry I forgot.  Did not run it in the end.  Completely lacking in motivation at the moment. Life has been a bit hectic with all that has been going on with work and all the decorating etc at my mums house.  Hopefully I will regain my enhusiasm again soon.

31/08/2012 at 18:39

Vixx: No probs. I used to have a Nike picture with the slogan: 'You either ran today or you didn't.' That was very motivating and my running colleagues would feel guilty if they hadn't run when I was off and passed my desk seeing this slogan !

31/08/2012 at 19:24

Well your tale of a lovely run got my arse out the door, so thank you birkmyre

DD - are you doing any races later in the year?

Wabo - have replied, hope you had a good bike home

01/09/2012 at 08:25

Morning dreich with smiry rain on up here today when out

Hope everybody is good.

01/09/2012 at 09:30

I'm miffed birkmyre - just went to try out my new bike. Got it downstairs (live in a flat where the bike is in Manchester), cycled round to my car to get helmet (which is in a secure parking area) and fell off. Have no idea how either, but think that the handlebars weren't secured enough (bike is a fold up hybrid). So I wheel bike rest of way to car. Get helmet out, then have to lock bike up to go back to get allen key thingy to secure the handlebars. Lock bike (to save carrying back up to flat and then back down again), walk back to flat, get thingy, walk back to bike, secure handlebars, then go to ride it.

It is at this point I notice that the chain has come off and I don't know how to put it back on

Hope your day is better than mine!

01/09/2012 at 11:21

oh Vixx, what a disaster!  Hope you can get it sorted soon. It'll be winter soon (now that I have resigned myself to the fact that we are just not having Summer this year)

parkrun today, missed my PB again, by about 15 seconds. I'm quite consistent.  Made the mistake of not running my own 'race' and followed someone that I knew usually beats me. I felt quite strong and could have gone a wee bit faster but held back to sit on my 'pacer's' tail until the last couple of hundred metres.Drat.

01/09/2012 at 11:22
birkmyre wrote (see)

Morning dreich with smiry rain on up here today when out

I don't think it's like that here!!!

01/09/2012 at 12:45

RLTW - you ready for GNR? That 15 seconds might come in useful in 2 weeks.....

01/09/2012 at 21:13

Vixx: Sorry to hear that re bike.

RLTW: Oh dear, but you know where you went wrong. That helps.

02/09/2012 at 00:49

Vixx, I think so    Could always be better prepared but I've done one half this year and I'm finishing with Wooburn Park 10k next Sunday..  That one starts with an incredibly steep hill for the first K.  I usually feel like I'm going one pace up whilst landing two paces back!  I've been doing lots of step-ups which seems to be helping.

What about you?  

02/09/2012 at 08:12

Morning

Rest day but been out and walked Geordie for 45mins.

02/09/2012 at 18:25

I've bitten the bullet and arranged to do a trial session with my local running club   It's taken me about half a year to contact them again after my first failed attempt in February  .  

03/09/2012 at 08:23

morning all

oh vixx, hope you get back on that bike soon, it sounds like me getting out on mine, but you  missed out the bit about smash my shin with the pedal...

nice one rltw re club, bu**er re the pb!

did 40 miles on my bike yesterday, realy good pace for  me too, dont know what I was on!

03/09/2012 at 15:11

Hello

How are you today birkmyre? How long until retirement?

RLTW - well done for biting that bullet! Hope it goes well! What pen are you in for GNR?

Wabo - 40 miles - nice one I am extremely nervous about getting back on that darn bike now

04/09/2012 at 05:57

Morning

Vixx: It's now 3 weeks this Friday

Not a bad run today. 4.5M Steadily done. Dry and mildish.

04/09/2012 at 21:00

Evening

Quiet today then eh !

11,181 to 11,200 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.