The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,221 to 11,240 of 12,362 messages
08/09/2012 at 10:38

Sounds like a good day planned DD - hope you win!

08/09/2012 at 12:46

happy birthday dd

got to get ready to go twickenham now to see lady gaga, a mixed group and its going to be fun!

08/09/2012 at 14:24

Have a great time Wabo!

10/09/2012 at 06:14

Morning

Wabo: Hope you enjoyed it

Niece stayed with us most of Saturday and Sunday. I'm happy to report she's almost fully recovered from her mental illness.

10/09/2012 at 07:09

Morning all

DD Happy belated birthday.

Wabo - did you enjoy Gaga?

Birkmyre - good to see your niece survived. 

Vixx - how are you, we'll have to organise that next run with DD soon.

I've been getting some fresh herbs in to make more things with. My window ledge in the kitchen looks like a window box now.

The Tour of Britain goes within a 100 yards of my house today, and even closer to my work after that. Lucky me finishes work about 30 minutes after the stage is due to finish. 

10/09/2012 at 12:31

oh gaga was amazing! Such a good show and what a performer! Loved it, getting home from twickenham though!! Did not love that!

lfc shame you wont see ToB!

birkmyre, glad to hear about your niece's recovery, must be a relief

11/09/2012 at 06:04

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19539257

Well done Andy Murray

Yeah lfc, wabo.Thanks it is such a relief. Puts other things into perspective.

11/09/2012 at 08:12

Morning all.  Great news about Andy, I only watched the first set so was great to wake up and find out this morning.

Filling at the dentist this morning.

Thanks for the birthday wishes -I definitely need to get back on track now after the excesses of the weekend.

11/09/2012 at 10:26

Morning all

DD - hope the filling wasn't too bad for you.

I made a new dish for the family last night, don't know how good it was for us, but it tasted great. It was pasta with smoked bacon, Gorgonzola, spinach and garden peas. Really tasty. 

After that, I went out for a bike ride with a friend of mine who has had his bike for about two years and never used it. 

How is everyone today?

11/09/2012 at 10:40

Morning all

I've had some good news for a friend this morning.She has brittle asthma, but has been keeping herself fit. She can't run anymore, but last year around the time of the Great Birmingham Run, my friend who I was running it with had told me not to listen to her friend (the one with brittle asthma) as she wanted to do it. I said what was stopping her walking it?

12 months later nearly and I have just had it confirmed that she can enter the event and walk it - possibly starting behind the wheelchairs so she can have an extra hour to complete it!

I'm letting my mate tell her....she's the more calming influence.

Hope the dentist goes OK DD - I had my check up last week.

Wabo - how's the ankle this morning?

Lfc - sounds an interesting combo - I wouldn't try it because I don't like bacon much.

Birkmyre - how are you? Did you find out fit guy's name?

I haven't been on my bike since I took it out to check it over and fell off it. Then the chain came off so I couldn't literally get back on - and so the bike wasn't re-mounted. Now I keep finding excuses not to go out in case I keep falling off

11/09/2012 at 10:52

Vixx - That's great new for your friend, it all helps getting out there.

You should try the bike again soon, the longer you leave it the more excuses you will find to stay off it. Would it help if I came down one weekend with my bike and we went out together?

11/09/2012 at 11:09

LFC - I am a complete novice, you might get a bit frustrated! What I wanted to do was get out early so that if I do go arse over tit then no-one is there to see me. I just haven't managed to do that. My aim to start is to make it from Sarah's place to MediaCity first of all, which is a mile. I know I could probably go further but as I said, I am nervous!

11/09/2012 at 11:14

Nothing wrong with being nervous, we all had to start somewhere. You've got the target, now you just have to set the date and go with it, no matter what. I've got no problem coming down if that will help you.

11/09/2012 at 12:12

afternoon all

vixx thats great news for your friend eh?

oh vixx get on your bike you'll be fine. Like lfc I wish I could come and ride with you but its a bit far.  Ankle is rubbish! Very sore and swollen, bruise just coming out so thats good I think? I am so annoyed!

anyway I have a sports massage later with my mate Paula, she will assess the ankle I am sure

12/09/2012 at 05:55

Morning

In for  anosey.

4.5M Steadily plodded for me today. Never really got going if you know what I mean.

Vixx: Good news re your friend.No never found out the guys name. Will try later. Aw ra best with the biking.

13/09/2012 at 05:52

Morning again

Nobody on since me yesterday ?!

Where are youse ?

13/09/2012 at 08:08

We're hiding. 

Morning everyone

Very emotional day round here yesterday.

Anyway, I made a roasted aspargus and pancheta pasta with cherry tomatoes yesterday. It was nice but needs something else, I'm not sure what yet.

I need to find something I can have in the middle of the afternoon so I don't feel so hungry come evening when I am supposed to be going out running. I think I will try cup a soup and see how that goes. Any suggestions?

13/09/2012 at 09:29

Morning all. 

LFC - I have a small handful fo nuts and fruit in the afternoon. I weight them out into portions of 15g nuts 30g fruit and put them into separate bags.  About 175 calories per bag, I have some bags in work and carry a couple around in my handbag in case I get peckish.  It stops me raiding the vending machine.

13/09/2012 at 11:35

DD - that sounds like a good idea, I would just have to remember to pack to willpower aswell so that I could leave it till afternoon.

13/09/2012 at 20:56

hi all, very quiet in here.  I am just back from running club, ran with beginners, well speed walked because of my ankle which is doing ok.  I did jog a litte and it seemed ok.

anyway weigh in this week   10st 13.5! up half a pound

hey ho as I say!

lfc hope you are ok

11,221 to 11,240 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.