The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,281 to 11,300 of 12,362 messages
22/09/2012 at 08:47

Did you get to the physio DD?

22/09/2012 at 10:17
Yes Vixx both knees bend inwards when running or doing squats which have strained my mcl and caused swelling with all the twisting and turning during hockey . She worked on loosening the knee cap and very tight it bands ( that was agony when she did that). Have lots if exercises to do and another appointment on Tuesday.
22/09/2012 at 20:58

Sound like you have some muscle imbalances there DD.  Hope the exercises and physio help you

24/09/2012 at 08:06

Morning all

DD - hope that's sorted soon. Ouch! 

Wabo - how is the pain now?

Birkmyre - how was the weekend away?

Vixx - how are you, out on the bike yet?

I must do better getting on here. Work is crazy at the moment and with the new arrangements we have made (I now start work at 7 instead of 8.30 so that I can leave at 3 to pick up me son from school at 3.15. I use my bike instead of the car now.) it's hard to find time to relax until I get used to things and everything runs smoothly.

Still, at least I am getting out more regular to the running club and I am seeing a bit of an improvement. Not losing any weight yet though.

24/09/2012 at 11:57

Morning all

dd, ouch, but it will help!

Vixx, re pain, themassage was thenight before and she worked on the right shoulder area but do you think its connected?  It still feels sore yes.  Booked doc appt, next monday at 7.00 am! Wanted lady and early morning and that was what I got. If it just disappears between now and then I will cancel.  I am a little worried must admit. its feels so tender.

24/09/2012 at 14:57

Wabo - it's possible, but would depend on how firm she was, where the pressure was applied, whether there was something she might have caught when applying pressure etc etc. Is the pain sharp or dull? Throbbing and radiating, or pinpointed?  Does it hurt all the time, or just when you move something - your arm or upper body for example?

lfc - no, still not been out on bike.  Good on you for using yours though! Do you find your new working arrangement works well? You might be building up some muscle though rather than losing weight with all this increased activity.

24/09/2012 at 17:31
Vixx - it's working well right now just the rain and some car drivers to contend with. I do hope I'm building up some muscle, I need it.
24/09/2012 at 20:26

I would think you are lfc - are your clothes getting a bit looser?

25/09/2012 at 07:47

Morning everyone

Vixx - not that I've noticed. I can hope though.

I tried a quick and easy meal for the family last night. Garlic and spinach with chopped tomato and some fresh basil tossed in tagliatelli. Turned out very nice and the kids enjoyed it too.

25/09/2012 at 08:23

Morning all - that meal sounds lovely LFC.

More physio for me tonight.

25/09/2012 at 08:43

DD - hope all goes well with the physio later, at least you shouldn't have to have your IT band done again.

25/09/2012 at 11:25

Hi all

vixx it doesnt seem to  be affected by movement at all.  I noticed it when I was hugged, so pressure caused it.  Since then I am aware of it just a dull sort of ache but if I touch it its really sore.  I bet its my old friend hormones again!

dd good luck later.

I will try and run later. better putt two bras on I think, sorry guys! NOt that I am well endowed at all but I feel it might be uncomfortable, ok wabo, leave it there....

26/09/2012 at 08:53

Morning all

weigh for wabo

10st 13lbs, no change, trying not to be despondent because I had a mad heavy weekend.

Ran last night so maybe if I can run more it will help.

hope everyone is ok...

27/09/2012 at 05:52

Morning

Enjoyed wee holiday

Lots to catch up on

27/09/2012 at 22:48

I'm not getting notifications again

lfc - that pasta sounds nice I reckon you'll probably be building some muscle.

Wabo - at least you maintained and didn't gain! How did your run go? If that ache doesn't go get it checked.

DD - how did physio go?

Where's oii gone?

Hi birkmyre - how was your trip - any pics?

28/09/2012 at 06:26

Morning Vixx: No pics, I'm a terrible photographer. Google Stornoway and Isle of Lewis for much better ones

28/09/2012 at 08:22

OK birkmyre - will do

2 more lbs lost! Please no-one go and find them! (4 total)

Hope everyone is having a good Friday

28/09/2012 at 08:43

morning all. Good weightloss Vixx

Friday at last.

Hope everyone ok.

28/09/2012 at 08:47

Cheers DD

How's you?

Who's doing what at the weekend?

28/09/2012 at 10:42

Morning everyone

Vixx - well done with the weight loss, looks like it's going well.

I did another pasta dish yesterday which went down very well, a smoked salmon spaghetti made with half fat creme fraiche, lemon zest and juice, onion and dill. Very tasty. I do make more than pasta, it's just that the pasta dishes have been my experements lately and up to now, they seem to be going well.

I hope to get to the park run tomorrow and a long bike ride on Sunday. I have just got a shed in the back garden today for the bikes to live so that should make life a bit easier with them out of the dining room at last. It does mean that I will probably start decorating the dining room/kitchen this weekend aswell.

11,281 to 11,300 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.