The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,401 to 11,420 of 12,362 messages
19/10/2012 at 12:24

afternoon all

vixx that photo on fb, you look like you have lost lots of weight, you really do look good! I know you are not well now, wish you better btw, but you were in that pic I guess.

dd enjoy the spinning

vixx weightwatchers is going great, in fact it has me eating exactly how you said I should and I am really enjoying it and not wanting to snack which was one of my problems!

nice run lfc, happy to hear it!

good running birkmyre

This weekend I am off to see my Mum in Ramsgate, so I will try and sneak a run in at some point because she may well undo some of my good work, large baileys as soon as I walk through the door this evening!

Have  agood weekend all, vixx hope the run goes well for you and your friend!

19/10/2012 at 19:10

Wabo: Cheers and enjoy your weekend.

19/10/2012 at 19:57

wabo - that pic was taken inbetween finishing marathon and becoming sick with lurgy.... I was tired too. Thank you though

Have a large baileys for me. Am back down to 14st 9. Hate marathon nutrition coz I always go up in weight a bit

Hi birkmyre

20/10/2012 at 09:28

Morning Vixx.

20/10/2012 at 10:17

Morning birkmyre - what have you got planned for the weekend?

20/10/2012 at 13:15

Afternoon folks. 

Well done lfc on your 11 min miling pain free.  Onwards and upwards.  Fingers creossed for the game show too

Wabo - Good to hear that WW suits you.  I did it a few years ago and managed to reach my target weight, got my 'key' then gave up going. Ididn't like that they expected me to pay for when I couldn't be there, unless I had warned them in advance.  Now I tend to do a Rosemary Conley style diet,, when I need too.   

Still waiting for Oxford parkrun results.  My Garmin ran out of battery power after the first mile (which I did in 9.55) so I have no idea what time I finished in. Quietly hoping for a pb.

20/10/2012 at 13:17

"creossed" ?!!  maybe that's an approriate word

20/10/2012 at 22:24

So? Don't keep me waiting RLTW!!!!!!

21/10/2012 at 17:18

Whoops - forgot I hadn't posted my result they didn't upload it til about 4.30pm - finished in 30.46 which is a PB by 8 seconds.   Nov 3rd is our parkrun 1st anniversary and they've promised us pacers - will try very hard to keep up with the sub 30 person

How did Birmingham Half go this morning Vix?.  Looked very misty. They abandoned the coverage as soon as the first elites finished - boo!  Hope your friend finished ok (and you too of course).

21/10/2012 at 18:33

We did RLTW - she did very well, and we did need the extra time as we were one of the last to finish. We were passed by the elites just before 2 miles. It brightened up nicely late morning but it was cold to start with! I got to meet Blind Dave and his guide before the start - I was well chuffed

How is everyone today?

WELL DONE on your PB RLTW! That's awesome

21/10/2012 at 19:12

Thanks Vixx .   They're having pacers at the Oxford parkrun 1st anniversary on 3rd Nov.  I'm goin to try sticking with the sub 30 

Great news that you and your friend completed the half.  How long did it take you?  Seemed really misty when the elites were running. It was like that at Oxford for last week's half.

21/10/2012 at 19:40

I think the times are up so will have a look.....

By my watch it took 5:13:07, but Cathy says 5:16:xx and she (Cathy) is the very last finisher....

21/10/2012 at 20:51

Pretty good going for walking pace.  I bet you're still really tired even though you were walking.  It's time on your feet.

21/10/2012 at 22:02

I was OK until I got in the bath! It was tight on the thighs really, that was the main thing I noticed.

If you think I did 5:53 for the marathon last week, then it's not much shorter a time on feet really.

Just slower.

22/10/2012 at 12:29

hi all

rltw, I am doing it online so it suits me better really. Dont have t o go anywhere and I will know what I am paying I guess

nice one vixx!!

pb rltw! Nice one

I didnt have any baileys vixx, my sis in law was a bit gobsmacked I resisted!

23/10/2012 at 06:24

Morning

Vixx: We'd a nephew down staying. Went to football. World Record attendance (For a Tier 3 Professional game) of 49,463 saw Rangers play Queens Park at Ibrox. Just usual other weeeknd activities.

Catch up now.

23/10/2012 at 07:56

Morning all

RLTW - Well done getting the parkrun PB. 

Vixx - That is a fantastic achievement for your friend, shows what determination can do. It will help me when I'm feeling sorry for myself out on a run.

I got my decorating done over the weekend, doing the kitchen and dining room. It looks very good if I say so myself. Out for a 3 or 4 miler tonight, hope the knee is as good as it was on Thursday.

23/10/2012 at 08:35

Morning all. 

Congrats to your friend Vixx, and to you

My last physio session today - knee feeling much better now (fingers crossed).

24/10/2012 at 00:58

Hi Wabo - how are things?

birkmyre - Did Queens Park win? I see Rangers are not having the easy job that i think they expected to.

lfc - how good does the kitchen look?

DD - hope the physio went well and that you are out running again soon

24/10/2012 at 06:05

Morning

Vixx: It was a bit surreal seeing Rangers play Queens Park in a League Game ! Queens Park were quite a decent team for that level. ( They are amateurs remember.) Rangers have gone through the mill since Feb this year.

They have a team thats a mixture of good standard players who have stayed loyal a couple of new signings in late summer and youngsters aged 17, 18, 19.

30 players left Rangers in summer to find new clubs.

11,401 to 11,420 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.