The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,521 to 11,540 of 12,362 messages
08/11/2012 at 16:45

I have a couple of tablespoons of 0% greek yog, with banana, grapes, kiwi, apple and maybe one other fruit these days.  I would have that about 4.30 if I am running 7.30.  Seems to work for me.

09/11/2012 at 06:05

Morning from a dreich (wet) west of Scotland

Catch up soon. Hope you're all good.

Word of day; 'Concert'  as MissB band has an accordian concert at 7:30 tonight and we're going to see her play.

09/11/2012 at 07:30

Morning all

Birkmyre - enjoy MissB's CONCERT tonight. 

Wabo - Do you make that fresh every time or do you make it and keep it in the fridge? It would probably blend well for a smoothie. 

09/11/2012 at 09:30

Morning all

Off to the gym today, going to take a note book and write myself a new routine for the weights machines.  Need to tone up.

09/11/2012 at 09:48

Morning all. No weight loss this week for me. I was hoping to have lost another before seeing the surgeon next week

Hope MissB's CONCERT is great tonight birkmyre.

Good snack idea Wabo.

DD - have a good session at the gym!

Morning lfc! How are you?

09/11/2012 at 10:35

I'm fine thanks Vixx. Good run last night, the furthest that I've done for a while, 4.35 miles. Legs are feeling it a bit today though.

Good that you haven't put any on and you still have a bit of time to lose a pound or two before you see the surgeon.

DD - Enjoy the gym. A friend of mine is setting up his equipment in a big room so I hope to start some proper weight training with him soon.

09/11/2012 at 12:15

LFC I do knock it up every time fresh. Yesterday I reached the end of my yog so I put all the fruit in the big yoghurt pot! Less washing up see?

vixx yep agree with lfc, still time to lose a bit, and so good not to have gained. Good luck vixx

gym session done this morning

racing again this weekend, a club handicap 5 mile new course, should be fun!

10/11/2012 at 07:09

Morning you lot

Thanks re MissB 's CONCERT, it  was really good last night. They played music ranging from Nessum Dorma to Status Quop via Elton John. Simon and Garkfunkel , some Scottish tradtional tunes and my favourite Uptown Girl by Billy Joel.

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 07:09
10/11/2012 at 20:48

That sounds like it was a great concert birkmyre!

Thanks lfc and Wabo - I know what you mean, I am just concerned because of being smack on that horrible BMI limit.

11/11/2012 at 07:55

Morning

Cold and frosty one up here today, quite slippy underfoot when walking Geordie

'Lest we forget' today

11/11/2012 at 09:29

Indeed birkmyre. It's important to remember our armed forces.

Hope geordie had a good walk!

11/11/2012 at 10:32
Morning! May I join?

My new years resolution this year was to get back into running and to fit a size 16 (I stopped running a few years ago and was a size 20-22). For once I have actually met my resolutions - I have dropped 3 stone and last weekend ran my first parkrun in 31.12 (beginning of the year I was running 13 min miles...). I'm delighted but I still have 2 stone to go to get into a healthy BMI and need some like-minded people to keep me motivated.

What plans are you following? (if you don't mind me asking)
How often do you run?

Thanks
11/11/2012 at 10:44

Hi Holeymoley and welcome!

We all follow different plans - some do their own thing, and some follow structured plans like Slimming World and Weight Watchers. We weigh in once a week and generally support each other as much as we can.

If you have questions then there is usually someone who can answer and advise on things.

Congratulations on losing so much weight - that's fantastic!

Some people on here run regularly and some people run for fun - but we all do something!

11/11/2012 at 18:32

Hi folks, hope you all had a fun weekend and welcome to Holeymoley.

On the positive side, I did my first parkrun on Saturday also, clocking 23.55 (was reasonably happy with that).

Sadly however a bit too much indulgence in food and booze this weekend and having just weighed in at 14st 5.2lbs (up 1.4lbs) and have added 1 centimetre round the waist. I need to do better than this!

11/11/2012 at 18:39

Afternoon MTViking! Well done on your first parkrun!

What you been indulging in?

11/11/2012 at 18:44

Home cooked food at my parents, a lot of pasta. Too much beer and a couple of gin and tonics thrown in for good measure. With Christmas coming up I could really do with getting a bit off in the next 4 or 5 weeks but I just seem lacking in self control at the moment.

11/11/2012 at 18:54

What are the people around you like? Are they supportive of your desire to lose weight, or are they sneakily trying to throw you off course?

11/11/2012 at 18:57

I live on my own (was visiting parents for weekend) so no real excuses there but my colleagues at work tend to constantly bring unhealhy stuff (crisps, biscuits) and share them around and my social life tends to revolve around pubs and meals out which isn't an ideal combination.

I don't think people see me as particularly overweight (am fairly tall and tend to wear baggy clothes) but the scales and the measurements don't lie.

11/11/2012 at 19:00

I think it should always be about how YOU feel yourself, rather than how others may see you. If you feel you want to lose weight, then you can do it, it just needs a bit of forethought, especially in situations where work colleagues bring stuff in (coz December is a nightmare for that).

With a social life revolving around pubs, and meals out - you just need to learn how to read a menu and make sensible choices, and maybe stick to spirits rather than beers, or have the occasional no-alcohol evening when you go out.

11/11/2012 at 19:07

Good advice, half the problem for me is that I know what I should be eating but tend to have a couple of drinks and think sod it, I will what I really want off the menu and sometimes a dessert (if other people are having one anyway). I just need to focus my mind on it instead of justifying it to myself by thinking I went for a run today so I can afford to stuff my face!

11,521 to 11,540 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.