The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,581 to 11,600 of 12,355 messages
18/11/2012 at 17:18

Wow! Well done MTViking - that is excellent effort!

18/11/2012 at 18:30

Cheers Vixx, hopefully I can keep it going now. Hope you are having a good weekend.

18/11/2012 at 18:34

Yes thank you. Went to what was supposed to be a sci-fi convention today - which was really cr*p for the price and for what was there

Then went to have alook at the Manchester Christmas market, which was heaving.... so came back and am watching a Dr Who DVD.

What have you been up to this weekend?

18/11/2012 at 18:39

Not a lot really, did a 7-mile run yesterday and have been watching as much of the cricket as I can find the time for (read - depending on how early I am prepared to get up to watch it!)

Have been told the Christmas Market is good at Manchester, I may try and get a day off and go in midweek though after reading that.

18/11/2012 at 18:44

It's got a lot of different stuff - unlike the Birmingham one which is full of cheap tat masquerading as European chic. They also have a good Hog Roast, (which I can verify) and whilst the beer is not to German standards (so my OH says), the Mulled Cider was popular with our flatmate!

Well done on the 7 miler yesterday. Our cricketers need some dedication (or focus) I think!

18/11/2012 at 19:10

Cook and Prior were fantastic this morning. We are still really up against it but there is hope of nicking a draw. Can I get myself out of bed at 4am to watch it? I suspect not as I will then be knackered for the rest of the day and probably Tuesday too.

Mulled Cider? Hmmm, I like Cider but I hate Mulled Wine. Where does that leave me?

Hog Roast is always good.

18/11/2012 at 19:14

I don't like alcohol at all, so can't answer the first. My only complaint about the Hog Roast is that there just wasn't enough of it for the price

I think we have hope for a draw, but we have good batsmen who just don't seem to be performing as well as they could be.

18/11/2012 at 19:42

Wow, I thought everyone liked alcohol! I reckon the first hour will be key tomorrow, if the 2 current batsman get well set we can maybe hold on.

18/11/2012 at 19:56

I did used to have the odd drink, but I have an addictive personality and whilst I never got hooked on drinking, I don't wish to get hooked on it so stopped before that happened. I had 21 shots on my 21st birthday (Uni tradition) and wasn't drunk, or hungover, or anything, so figured if I can drink that much with no real effects then I don't want to know how much it would take....

19/11/2012 at 06:13

5 wet miles as its pouring down got soaked.

Lots to catch up on.

19/11/2012 at 09:02

Morning nirkmyre - hope you have a good week planned!

19/11/2012 at 09:58

Morning all

Never been into the cricket, but I do like alcohol. 

Going to try a couple of new recipies this week to try and mix things up to help kickstart the weightloss. I did the weights with my friend on Friday and really enjoyed it so I hope to make a regular thing of it along with the running.

Going to try and get a bit of swimming in with the family of a weekend aswell.

19/11/2012 at 10:00

lfc - that is good that you enjoyed the weights! What recipes have you got for this week?

19/11/2012 at 10:29

One of them is a lemon and pea risotto, another is a chilli beef shepards pie.

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 10:30
19/11/2012 at 10:46

Morning all.  Hockey cancelled at the weekend due to a water logged pitch.

Last week at work for me this week.  Already planning my fitness schedule for next week.

How is everyone today?

19/11/2012 at 11:48

I like the sound of the chilli beef shepherds pie

Hi DD - if you want company in the early part of the week let me know - maybe we can do a run or something.

20/11/2012 at 06:36

Morning.

Vixx: Not sure what's planned to be honest.

20/11/2012 at 07:43

Morning everyone

I tried the chilli beef shepards pie last night and it was OK. I will tweek the recipe to taste next time but it did get the tumbs up.

I think I'm in need of a word of the day today. Running club tonight and I want to make sure I keep my fluids up.

How is everyone today?

20/11/2012 at 15:43

hi all sorry I have been awo, lots been going on.  ANyway I didnt weigh in last week, I went up by just under a pound to 10st 8lb. 

word of the day - soul!

the people at work who laughed at my boss because he was in print back in the day when it was 'composite' little letters and so on, they have no soul....

Hope everybody is well.  Hope I can catch up!

20/11/2012 at 17:21

I have had no notifications again

I am having a rest day today, but am currently writing a nutritional handout for a client of mine who has cancer. Puts things in perspective - here's me wanting my breasts off, and there she is hoping that they don't take hers

I had lasagne last night, which was awesome, and Salsa and I will be having a night in tonight with snack food and a film methinks....

Hi Wabo - what you been up  to then?

lfc - what tweaks need making to the recipe then?

Hi birkmyre

11,581 to 11,600 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.