The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,861 to 11,880 of 12,355 messages
15/02/2013 at 10:08

Thanks

I've been losing weight since forever! Ha ha!

A few years ago I was 22 stone and over the course of 2 years I dropped to 15st and then hover at the 16 and a half mark for a while. Combination of holiday, comfort with girlfriend, then christmas took me back up to 19 stone. Aiming to go for sub 15 now and try and stay there.

I'm 6'4 and in order to get a sub 25 (Healthy) BMI I'd need to be 14st11, so I want to dip in there eventually.

My prioblem is sustaining it though.

But thanks for the welcome!

15/02/2013 at 10:34

Morning all.

Mattywarr - good weightloss there.  Keeping it off is also my problem.

Off for a golf lesson later - the local club are running free lessons (getintogolf.org). Never played before so should be interesting. Taking advantage of my enforced time off.

15/02/2013 at 10:41

Thanks,

Golf is a brilliant low impact calorie burner over 18 holes.

Most of my calories are burned swearing at the ball for going left or right, swinging repeatetedly at the ball due to missing it and making a 6000 yard course into a 12000 yard one through my zig zagging inaccurate play

That said its great fun and much like running the only person you play against really is yourself so a good game for runners.

15/02/2013 at 18:48

Welcome matty, I am similar to you in that keeping the weight off has proved difficult in the past.

How did you lose all that weight (fantastic achievement!), are you following the same method again?

18/02/2013 at 09:37

Morning all

18/02/2013 at 10:15
MTViking wrote (see)

Welcome matty, I am similar to you in that keeping the weight off has proved difficult in the past.

How did you lose all that weight (fantastic achievement!), are you following the same method again?

Thanks, although i'm ashamed to have piled half of it back on!

I lost the majority of it through weight watchers to be honest. The first big weight loss I did without exercising at all and it worked pretty well. But when it plateaued I kinda lost confidence in the WW system and just went it alone. It involved a lot of jacket potatoes and Ryvita and was pretty boring but shifted some more that way.

I think I have some sort of eating disorder as I will happily eat and ear and eat and even when I'm full, keep eating. Its really hard to keep myself under control, but its coming back gradually.

The running is a key driver at the oment. First half marathon in a few weeks and using that as a motivator. The less weight I'm carying by then, the faster I will go. Then I think I'll keep signing up to races of various distances to keep me motivated.

I have however accepted that this will be a lifelong struggle and I'll never be a normal eater. And I'm happy with that

18/02/2013 at 17:13

Afternoon all

mattywarr - Well done on shifting weight - even though you may have put some back on, you are still working to take off more and keep it off!  Which Half are you doing?

DD - how's the golf?

Hello lurkers, come on out and play.....

19/02/2013 at 06:30

Morning

1lb lost.Well had gained 1 so in reality it is 2. if you know what I mean

MissB is 13 today

Need to catch up and be more regular on this thread.

19/02/2013 at 09:37

Morning all.

Late arriving like I am everywhere but I've just lost my latest batch of weight and I'm into a maintaining phase now.

I'm 5'11 or 6', depending on how curved my spine is that day (I have Ankylising Spondilitis), and have weighed as much as 17.5 stone back in the day. I got this down to about 15.5 stone then from about May 2011 to September,down to 14 stone.

This year I got down to 12 stone 2, into the healthy BMI range and taking a lot of my back pain away with it. I'd like to get to 12 stone but as long as I don't creep back over 12.5 I'll be happy. I can't afford to put more back on because I've cleared my wardrobe of everything! My biker jacket that I had when I was 14 is now too big for me (I'm 34) which shows you how long I was carrying too much weight for.

Now I'm running (since December), really caught the bug and loving it. Hope I can stay well long enough to keep it going and the weight off from here on in!

19/02/2013 at 11:53

wow Rob, truly inspirational! Love the biker jacket story.  Welcome!!

Well done birkmyre

pretty sure I will remain or even gain this week, we will see tomorrow.  OUt for a curry tonight, will go easy but hence I will weigh more in the morning! Hey ho!

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 11:54
19/02/2013 at 11:54

I know there is a line there about going for a curry, not going to go there.....

19/02/2013 at 12:09

well done and welcome matty!!

19/02/2013 at 12:36

Well done on the 2lb off Birkmyre!

Wabo - enjoy your curry, what will be, will be.

Welcome Rob - and WELL DONE on such huge weight loss! That's fantastic that you have achieved so much, that's great going!

How is everyone today?

19/02/2013 at 13:45

With those warm welcomes, fantastic  - thank you!

Looking forward to following everyone's efforts in here and giving any encouragement I can!

20/02/2013 at 06:16

Mornnig

Welcome matt and rob

20/02/2013 at 09:35

Morning everyone

Welcome to Matt and Rob.

Wabo - How did the curry go?

Birkmyre - Well done on the loss.

How id everyone today? Shall we have a word of the day? It's been a while and I feel that I need some hydration.

20/02/2013 at 10:09

nice curry lfc, although I had chicken shashlick and a chana masala so not truly a curry!

So I weighed in pre run this monring and was 10 4.5 (up just over 2.5lbs) and gobsmacked, weighed after 10 mile run and was 10 2  a gain of .75, I will have that weight I think!

shabby...word of the day? or was it hydration? lol

my run was pretty shabby this morning but its done!

20/02/2013 at 10:17

Definitely 10-2 wabo, pre-run scales are notoriously unreliable.... and I never count the decimal points so 0.75=0 in my world.

I was 12-3 this morning which is good enough for me.... would love to be 12-0 next week (wednesday is my "real" weigh in day despite weighing myself nearly every day) but don't think that's realistic at this stage! I originally had the end of february in mind as a goal for 12-0 but a party for my little boy (CAKE!), rebound from a mostly sober January and taking a few days rest from running for my knee has scuppered it! There's always March!

20/02/2013 at 11:17

Wabo - not too SHABBY, I wish I could get a 10 miler in at the moment, only 4.5 last night.

Rob - don't worry, you'll get there. The good thing is, you're being realistic and still striving for your goal, I know a lot of people who don't achieve their goal within the timeframe they want and just give up, so well done.

20/02/2013 at 11:30

Rob actually I gained only .25 so deffo 0 yes? I am heading for 10st but don't quite seem to get there, yet!

lfc I know but I was moany and achy and grumpy hence shabby, but tbh it was actually not that shabby you are right! Wise words lfc.

11,861 to 11,880 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.