The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,881 to 11,900 of 12,355 messages
20/02/2013 at 12:04
FuzzyVixx wrote (see)

Which Half are you doing?

Yeovil - Just local, about 700 entrants so far and really looking forward to it.

Thanks all for the warm welcome, good for the motivation let me tell you!

And well done to Rob, thats some really good work and kudos - I bet you felt both pain and delight when you threw away that jacket!

Hydration is a good word to use and its inspired me to head to the water cooler

20/02/2013 at 12:09

The jacket is the one thing I haven't thrown away! Sentimental value!

Though I did chuck out my wedding suit!

22/02/2013 at 08:07

Down another 1lb today

14st 5lb. Just 2 more to get under the 200lb marker

How is everyone's Friday?

22/02/2013 at 09:01

Well done Vixx. 

I'm off work this afternoon with the kids, having 'fun'. I am aiming to do the parkrun tomorrow and some track work on Sunday.

Have you got any plans Vixx?

22/02/2013 at 09:08

Excellent work Vixx!

I dropped 3lbs today. 54 to go to my first target!

22/02/2013 at 09:20

Excellent work there Vixx and mattywarr!

My Friday is shaping up well, reached a very important milestone in a work project last night so just have documentation to pull together, hoping for a slightly early finish and going to try and get out and do a 10 mile run (my first that long) that I have had planned for ages...

22/02/2013 at 10:56

Morning all well done on the weightloss Vixx and Mattywarr.

Hope you manage to finish early Rob and get that run in before it gets too dark.

Spinning tonight for me.

22/02/2013 at 13:12

well done vixx and matty!

rob hope runs goes well later!

dd, enjoy the spin

22/02/2013 at 14:07

Thank you!

Well Done Matty - definitely an awesome result

I have to do a 20 mile walk/run tomorrow or Sunday (hopefully tomorrow).

Sounds like everyone has got good activity coming up over the weekend

23/02/2013 at 08:25

Morning

Fuzzy Vixx; Well done

Catch up soon.

24/02/2013 at 19:12

Evening all

What has everyone been up to this weekend?

I've done a 20 mile run-walk, which would have been better served if I had remembered to take my snacks with me, and surprisingly there were no convenience stores open before 10am - I didn't get over by the Trafford Centre (the aim was to get all the way over there to get coffee from the Starbucks Drive-Thru and head back) until just after 11am, when I had done 13.5 miles, and I didn't half feel poorly then

25/02/2013 at 08:07

Morning everyone

Well done on the 20 miles Vixx.

Nice one Matty on the 3lb loss.

I missed out on the park run on Saturday but I did the track workshop yesterday. It was 2 hours of running tecnique, speed work and circuits. My legs really felt it, along with my stomach, but I really enjoyed it. I hope it helps my running and overall fitness improve over the next couple of months.

How was everyone's weekend?

25/02/2013 at 12:06

20 miles - that's a very long way I've decided now!

My weekend;

The good; did my 10 mile run on Friday night, it was hard but felt great to get it done! I was surprised how far it seemed, having done an 8 mile run this was a different prospect altogether. Legs were well worked though held up fine but a really bad stomach afterwards, possibly because I didn't drink enough beforehand, and then had lots to eat quite quickly once I was home..... lesson learned I think. This weekend coming is my last step up on the LSR distance before my half on the 17th, 12 miles planned for saturday and again I planned the route out months ago so looking forward to it!

The bad;  I ate like a pig all weekend (more than just replacing the long run fuel!)and then couldn't be arsed to go out even for a soft 5k on sunday which I had meant to, so feeling very guilty... .intending to make up for it tonight by taking my nephew out for a short walk/run which will be a 5 mile round trip for me going to and from his house as well.  

Hope everyone's weekend was suitably fantastic!

25/02/2013 at 12:49

Rob - What's your fluid intake like? I know it sounds strange, but sometimes when you feel hungry, you are actually thirsty.

25/02/2013 at 12:55

I usually have about 3 or 4 coffees/teas, 3 or 4 glasses of water and a diet coke or two during work in the week, and usually a pint or two of water at home in the evening.

I tend to be relatively well hydrated most of the time (going by wee colour).

Weekends are a bit more haphazard (since there isn't anyone just bringing me drinks like they do at work and I don't really think about getting myself a drink.... I was born lazy even to the point of not watering myself!)

25/02/2013 at 12:56

Oh, and I should say Friday I didn't drink as much in the day because there were fewer people in my office = fewer rounds of drinks! Which I think is partly why the last couple of miles at least felt hard on Friday eve,.

26/02/2013 at 09:16

I had a fab weekend, went to see Jimmy Carr but still squeezed in my 9m long run. I managed to do it at 10m a mile average, which is faster than I hoped. My half is in 4 weeks on Sunday, and I'm hoping if I can keep that pace up I'll be shooting for sub 2.10 which i'll be delighted with. Also did a nice 5m around cardiff yesterday.

Excellent work on the 20 miles Vixx, I got caught out on saturday too but found a morissons just in time to take some fluids aboard.

Brilliant work for you too Rob, sounds like you are well prepped for your race.

26/02/2013 at 14:00

afternoon all

well done on the long runs all

I ran with a camelbak on sunday on my 15 and right near the end took some water and it shot down my throat and straight back out again! I did laugh, and cough... It was a really hard run tbh and I have been hungry ever since! It was a coastal up and down and freezing wind in face sort of run.

26/02/2013 at 20:29

Well done on everyone's long runs over the weekend - sounds like there were some serious miles being put in!

Rob - you are drinking regularly, but there's a fair bit of caffeine in your drinks (except for the water). It might just be that you need a bit of extra fluid after your longer runs as you can get quite dehydrated when you are putting the miles in.

Mattywarr - which half are you doing?

lfc - how are your legs after the weekend?

Hi birkmyre How are you doing?

I managed 5 miles in 48.31 today! That's the fastest I have done that distance ever I think.....

26/02/2013 at 21:49
Well done Vixx. The legs haves been letting me know they've been used, but haven't really been too bad. I did 4.45 miles tonight and started applying some of the techniques I learned and found that it did help. The knee and lack of fitness where a problem but I improved as more time and mileage went by.
11,881 to 11,900 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.