The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,901 to 11,920 of 12,355 messages
26/02/2013 at 21:53

Cheers for the drink advice, I probably do have a bit too much caffeine in the week maybe I'll trial cutting it down a bit!

Well done fuzzyvixx on your time!
Well done Mattywarr on your miles!
Well done Wabo on spraying your water everywhere!  And the run of course! If it's any consolation I sprayed coffee everywhere at home this morning, just a little cough with a bit of coffee in my mouth and it came out like a perfume spray, not even the excuse of doing it while running!

Fingers crossed for weigh-in tomorrow.... a maintain will be a good result!

27/02/2013 at 09:08

MORNING ALL

VIXX, GREAT 5 MILE TIME! - oops, sorry to shout

had a great run last night which made sundays tired long run seem better!

Weigh in 10st 2.5lb, half pound up. up and down like a yoyo and still no elusive 10st! I think I am settling into a maintenance now which is fine.

9 miles t o run tonight....

27/02/2013 at 09:25

At least it's not just me then.... 1 pound up this morning but not concerned, only two weeks this sunday 'til my half marathon so wouldn't want to be losing tons before that.... still within touching distance of 12 stone so end of March should be possible!

Have fun on the 9 mile run tonigh Wabo!

27/02/2013 at 09:44

Morning all - everyone seems to be well into their running at the moment.

5 mile run for me today.

Good luck with your run Wabo.

28/02/2013 at 09:41

nice and easy 9 miler done last night, schedule said 94, I did 93.30, was hilly too! These hills will pay off come Marathon day....

Rob, mmmm fun, not sure I did have fun, some times maybe, like on the down hill!

How are we all??

28/02/2013 at 10:11

Nice one Wabo - looking on schedule for that marathon.

Had a really good day exercise wise yesterday, 3 mile run in the morning follwed by 2 hours of hockey training in the evening.

Going to walk into town and back today as it is such a lovely day. Even considering some gardening - my neighbour mowed his lawn yesterday......

Have a good day everyone.

01/03/2013 at 16:47

Well that was horrible.

Good news - lowest adult weight ever this morning - 11 stone 12, first time ever under 12 stone.

Bad news - Achieved only through the medium of a frankly horrible bug and it's all lost fluid, so it doesn't really count! I lost 7 pounds in 24 hours.....glad it's happened this week and not in a couple of weeks as it would have scuppered my half marathon altogether!

01/03/2013 at 19:11

Rob: Well done

Now to catch up...

02/03/2013 at 01:02

Congratulations Rob! Awesome (now I have read the rest, shame it was a bug).  Just take it easy and maybe get some electrolytes down you to build you back up for the half.

Well done on the 9 miler Wabo, and the exercise DD

Hi Birkmyre and lfc

I have had to do mental math to work out my weight today. I usually use mom's scales but wasn't at home first thing, so I waited til I was at home and weighed myself with clothes on (15st 0lb). Then when I got back to Salsa's, I weighed myself on her scales with clothes on (15st 2lb). Then I weighed again before shower and my clothes weigh approximately 7lb with shoes and wallet and phone in pockets etc, so I am about the same as last week, or maybe 1lb on. I'm going to be safe and say 14st 6lb. That'd be 1lb on but I have a mara next week so don't mind about no weight loss this week....

Hope everyone is well, what are your plans for the weekend?

02/03/2013 at 08:10

Morning

Off to footie, a home game and a noon kick off v East Stirlingshire. Its on espn !

02/03/2013 at 09:46

Cool Birkmyre - might watch it

04/03/2013 at 15:19

afternoon all

well done rob although not the best way I know

vixx, I wouldnt worry either just before a mara

I had such a good race yesterday:-

I managed a negative split inmy half yesterday, 60.50 and 60.10, plus I ran 3.5 to get to the start so my last 3 miles which were my quickest were also 14-16 mile stage.  Happy happy. 2.01, so so close to under 2 but it was a course pb and I only have positives about that run, yep I am so pleased about that run especially as I was getting faster at the end, chasing under 2 hours but it was a bit too much to do when I was doing 16+ miles.

04/03/2013 at 15:55

Well Done Wabo!!!

04/03/2013 at 16:19

cheers vixx

05/03/2013 at 09:29

Well in Wabo. I don't think I've ever managed a negative split.

Knee is a bit sore still after Saturday's Park Run. 

05/03/2013 at 10:46

That's fantastic Wabo, well done! Makes me really look forward to my half, first time= guaranteed PB for me (admittedly taking it for granted that I finish it!)

Bad luck on the knee lfc, I was at the physio yesterday evening getting a diagnosis of "Runners knee", which I suppose at least proves I have done some running! Hope yours is not too bad and clears up fast!

05/03/2013 at 11:34

Thanks Rob. My knee has been a problem for a while now and I'm trying to get the doctor to refer me so that it can be looked at by someone who knows what they are on about.

06/03/2013 at 08:53

morning all

another 1lb off since last week, back to my lowest weight of 10st 1.5 lb, inches lost since sept = 8.5!! feel good.

Hope everyone is good today, off for my favourite breakfast of the week, peanut butter and toast, yummy

06/03/2013 at 09:04

Good work Wabo!

Official weigh in today was 11 stone 12, so haven't put any weight on since my bug despite being now fully rehydrated and fine.

So I reckon it counts properly now, so, that's my lowest weight ever and ultimately only a week out from my target date of 28th of Feb and two pounds inside my target! Next target is 11-7- hopefully by end of April.

Now I'm feeling better it's time to get back to running after what's felt like a very long week off!

06/03/2013 at 11:05

nice one Rob bet you feel pleased!

11,901 to 11,920 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.