The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,961 to 11,980 of 12,362 messages
18/03/2013 at 19:31

Wow! That's gone really quick! What's next then?

18/03/2013 at 19:35

Vixx: Have applied for  a few jobs, I'm waiting to hear from them.

Realistically it will be after 1st April, the new financial year.

18/03/2013 at 19:37

Couple of weeks for you to relax then?

How's the family?

19/03/2013 at 07:18

morning all

vixx meant to say, 20 miler went really well, 3.23 mins and no real leg problems. But now all around me are getting colds!!! I keep waking feeling bunged up but so far, fingers crossed I seem to be holding these germs at bay. Marathon paranoia so soon.....

good luck birkmyre!!

19/03/2013 at 09:54

Wabo - best to get a bug out now to be honest rather than in a couple of weeks time. Try getting some echinacea from Holland and Barrett as we are just about to head into the month before the marathon and you can take it for up to 30 days.

20/03/2013 at 09:37

Hi All, thanks for the congrats on the half, knees have almost recovered but still got a bit of cold, it's a tenacious one!

Good luck with the job hunt Birkmyre, I hate job hunting. I think it's because I hate needing a job!

Weigh in this morning was a disappointing but not very surprising 5 pounds on - post race binging (and I have binged monumentally!) and no running since makes me fat! But I'll shift that once I start moving again!

Hope everyone is having a cracking Wednesday!

20/03/2013 at 11:08

vixx, thats a brill idea I will do! Still feeling ok though them bugs are being beaten up....

weigh in today is 9st 13.2, so another half pound off and I dont know how! I had so many excesses over the weekend, but then my running is excessive at the moment so maybe thats it.

9 miles d&d this morning I do feel incredibly hungry!

nicky you will shift it!

20/03/2013 at 21:20

Blimey Wabo - you'll be speeding off into the distance at London! WELL DONE!

Nicky - I am intrigued to know what you ate to stick on 5lb!

21/03/2013 at 08:55

Monring

Cheers Nicky and Vixx.

I' don't officially finish till next Tuesday so on holiday till then...

MissB had 'emergency last minute homework' on computer this morning...

22/03/2013 at 07:41

Morning everyone.

Birkmyre - good luck with the job hunting.

Nicky - Hope you lose the 5 pounds just as quick.

Wabo - that's some mileage you're doing, well done.

Morning Vixx and DD.

Glad I got my run in last night while it was only cold and windy. I have booked an appointment with my doctor to try and get a scan on my knee to figure out what is causing the problems with it. Anyway, after far too many months .......

I'VE LOST 1.5 POUNDS.

Finally.

22/03/2013 at 08:31

Morniig from a snow covered West of Scotland.

It's still falling and had to clear MrsB car

4M Steady. Okay run.

Cheers re job hunting.

Family are fine I can do last minute homework for MissB...

22/03/2013 at 09:03

Enjoy you homework Birkmyre. The LFC's may be having a holiday up in Western Scotland in August. We have been looking at a caravan park in Saltcoats, North Ayrshire.

22/03/2013 at 09:31

Morning all! 

Lfc - I have your 1.5lbs and a bit of someone else's! Weigh in has me at 2lbs on

(I shall weigh again tomorrow as I have mitigating circumstances)

Hope the homework won't take up too much time birkmyre! 

What's everyone doing at the weekend?

22/03/2013 at 09:54

Sorry Vixx, didn't mean to pass it on. 

Everything depends on the weather for the weekend. The plan was to meet up with some of my club on Sunday and get a few miles in, but we will have to wait and see what happens at the moment.

Have you got any plans Vixx?

22/03/2013 at 09:56

My race has been postponed so now I am stuck in Birmingham

22/03/2013 at 09:58

Home work does take up time.Shakespeare most recently...

lfc:Enjoy it then. Nice part of the country. Ayr itself is nice.

22/03/2013 at 10:21

morning all

lfc nice one on the weight loss!

vixx I like that i weigh in another day too sometimes.

Vixx thats a pain about your race

I have a 15 mile xctry shaping up to be a real toughie I think! It is anyway but the weather may make it more so. Thats my lsr for the week, it will feel like 20!

22/03/2013 at 11:11

Morning all - very snowy in Chester. I have the luxury of beeng able to walk to work now - not fitted my bike lights yet but definitly not a day for cycling.

Well done to Wabo and LFC on your weightlosses.

Good luck with your job hunting Birkmyre - been there myself these last few months.

Good luck to everyone who in runnng/racing this weekend (sorry about your cancelled race Vixx ) - take care in this weather.

22/03/2013 at 15:26

I am working on the basis now that I want a shed load of snow to fall (being as I am stuck in Birmingham) and then tomorrow I can go on an off-road, hilly adventure to get some mileage in

How is the weather for everyone?

22/03/2013 at 15:47

no snow here yet Vixx, but a biting wind and its very cold.

11,961 to 11,980 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.