The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

11,981 to 12,000 of 12,362 messages
22/03/2013 at 18:08

Wabo - it's bloody perishing! Wrap up warm!

25/03/2013 at 12:17

Morning all - back to the treadmill as the roads are too icy for running outside.

How is everyone today?

25/03/2013 at 16:07

I'm OK thank you DD - how's the new job?

25/03/2013 at 19:05

DD: Not bad at all thanks. Really cold up here though.

26/03/2013 at 09:29

Morning all - the job is good thanks Vixx, lots to learn.

Started snowing again here - just a shower though, I think......

27/03/2013 at 07:29

Morning everyone

Been really busy lately, bothin work and home. Anyway, I'm back. Did you miss me. 

4 miles with the club last night, and for the first time in ages, I got round without the need to walk. My fitness is starting to improve and my knee was not acting up as much, so all good. Even so, I'm going to the doctors tomorrow to see if I can get it checked out properly, I don't want it to go on like my other knee which took 8 years for them to figure out my cruciate ligaments had gone. 

27/03/2013 at 08:29

Morning from a snowy West of Scotland

1lb lost. A start.

27/03/2013 at 09:30

Morning all. Nice to see you back LFC, glad you are getting your fitness back. 

Good start that Birkmyre.  Just started to snow again here in the North West.

27/03/2013 at 09:36

Morning all! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Who ordered all that snow then? It's nearly April, there shoulld be frolicking lambs, daffodils, bright sunny mornings all over the place. I want a refund!

Well done to all on various runs and weigh ins, (and commiserations to vixx on the 2lbs on - that'll disappear soon enough i'm sure!)

As I expected, my 5lbs on last week has been followed by 4lbs off. I'm assuming the scales aren't all that great, and might account for a pound each way, but like I said I did eat like a pig the week of the 5lb increase. Lots of home cooked ham, roast chicken, lots of bread (mostly wrapped around the ham), huge piles of nuts, chocolate, a takeaway curry as a treat, more beer than I should have etc. When I put my mind to it, I can really eat. Been good this week and it's paid off, back to exactly 12 stone this morning.

Now, do I set myself a challenge to make it 11 and a half by the end of April, a mega-challenge to get to 11 by the same date, or rest on my laurels and maintain?

Nearly back in the saddle on running, I've rested my knee and it's pain/discomfort free walking up and down stairs for the first time in 8 weeks, so I think it's fixed. Starting weekly distances from very low base again, I think I ramped it up too quickly before and will now do strictly 10% increases per week max up to about 15 miles a week for a while to see how the knee fares.

27/03/2013 at 23:31

I wouldn't go for 11 by the end of April - you'll put most of that back on later. Go steady and maybe aim for 11.7 at the most for the end of April.  Well done on losing the 4lbs - excellent work!

Well done to you too birkmyre!

Anyone else lost anything?

I am beginning to hate the week after I have my injection - I always seem to put a few lbs on. I can't be doing with this yo-yoing! Grrrr

lfc - hope that the doc can sort something out for you.

Where's Wabo?

DD - fancy a run at some point?

02/04/2013 at 09:14

You're probably right there Vixx, 11-7 is the goal then - four weeks to do it. I've made it as hard as possible for myself by eating and drinking too much over Easter, back with a serious head on now though!

Went for my first parkrun this weekend, 25 mins 54, which felt okay, the knees held up well (a bit of pain sunday but not too bad) so that's encouraging. I'd like to think I could get down to 22 minutes dead if my knees can hold up well enough once I've built back up to a few sessions a week, so that's another target for me but a bit more long-term!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter. Remember when you get that "I hate Mondays" feeling later today, that it's actually a Tuesday. Also remember how lovely and light it's going to be tonight!

02/04/2013 at 10:07

Morning all.  Sounds like you had a good first time parkrun there Nicky.

I know what you mean about today, it feels like a Monday - at least we will be finishing work in 4 days time though.

How has everyone else's Easter gone?

03/04/2013 at 13:04

afternoon all

sorry not been around, my dad's funeral was last week and I have not been in the zone to run or post.  weight is still maintained so I think its time to cancel my WW online membership.

hi DD, had a nice easter thanks.  Did my last very long run of 20 miles, feeling pretty good now but felt rubbish at the time!

nice park run nicky! Might do one 12/4 myself. Like to see where I am at.

vixx bless ya, here I am. I lost half a pound over easter, I really dont know how! CHocolates booze, you name it.

birkmyre, nice one with the pound off.

ok I am back and its nice to see you all

Oh I nearly forgot, reason Ihave to cancel ww and tighten the purse strings??? Mini Wabo and minissimo wabo are coming here in two weeks and staying for 4 months!!! Am I excited?? Just a bit

04/04/2013 at 15:02

In for a nosey/catch up.

06/04/2013 at 07:28

Morning, how is everybody then ?

06/04/2013 at 22:17

Hi birkmyre! How are you doing? Have you had a good week?

07/04/2013 at 08:02

Morning

Not bad thanks Vixx, I've been applying for jobs, walking Geordie and catching upon some reading .

07/04/2013 at 09:26

Any interesting jobs there birkmyre? How's the family?

07/04/2013 at 11:46

Hello all.

Wabo - wow 4 months that will be fantastic for you. Sorry about your dad.

How is everyone else?

Vixx - forgot to say, just getting back into running at the moment so will leave it a little while until I am more confident and a bit fitter. Starting boot camp at the gym this week to kick start my fitness routine so hopefully won't be too long. 

07/04/2013 at 17:13

12, posts

11,981 to 12,000 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.