The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

12,001 to 12,020 of 12,362 messages
08/04/2013 at 07:21

Well done Vixx

Applied for a few jobs, waiting to hear back

Family fine. Younger son studying as his exams start in 3 weeks. He's in 6th Year.

08/04/2013 at 11:28

Good luck on the job applications there birkmyre.

12k posts, pretty epic!

I've had another naughty weekend and still not run for a while, need to get back on it. Treated myself to a Garmin 410 to give me more feedback so I can start working on more structured training once I get going.

How're everyone elses' runs going at the mo?

08/04/2013 at 13:02

Fingers crossed birkmyre! Hope you find something good

Hi Nicky - so have you got any races coming up, or later in the year?

I'm on the countdown to London now

08/04/2013 at 13:51

Hi Vixx,

That countdown is going to go at super speed! I'm excited for you just thinking about it.

I'm weighing up the options - currently thinking I'll do some local 10k races in the summer and then do Birmingham half in October, but for now my goal is to focus on my 5k times at parkrun because I can do that while keeping weekly mileages lowish to let my knees build up over time.

08/04/2013 at 13:54

Birmingham Half is a good one to do

08/04/2013 at 14:26

Nicky: cheers.

09/04/2013 at 12:36

afternoon all

I am on that countdown too vixx...

running is going well, so is weight.  SO today I did a scary thing and cancelled my WW membership! Ooh I feel quite confidentthough.  And I need to cut down monthly outgoings now Jodie and CLeo are coming back here, NextTuesday!!

09/04/2013 at 12:37

good luck with jobs Birkmyre!

09/04/2013 at 12:38

vixx how you doing?

nicky I am going to park runsaturday, had  a mental dream about a park run last night, Ithink it is tapering madness though... 

09/04/2013 at 16:25

Afternoon all

Wabo - I'm good thank you. I wrote a blog yesterday (actually I wrote 3 - one is paper and the other is hidden away on *coughs* FetchEveryone *coughs*) if you would like to read and comment - Wabo, you might like it.

http://kineticlifestylecom.wordpress.com/

10/04/2013 at 09:40

Hi all!

Good blog Vixx. Says a lot of things I'd say to people now, but would have been like water off a ducks back a few years ago when I was too stubborn/lazy/stupid to actually get what I wanted for myself! There is no reason why I couldn't have lost the weight I have years ago but I couldn't make it happen (to this level anyway) until recently.

Weigh in today - 170 pounds, don't think I'll be making 161 by the end of the month! I'm not surprised though, I haven't been taking it seriously enough or doing much running.

Did get out for a nice quick 5k at lunchtime yesterday though, and very glad to report I'm pain free in the knees today so hopefully that's the last I'll hear from them for a while.... until I get carried away and do 10 mile runs up and down hills again at least. 

Looking forward to parkrun on saturday, just how weird was your dream Wabo? If I get overtaken by a monkey riding a shetland pony backwards I want to know if it was a premonition...... forewarned is forearmed and all that.

10/04/2013 at 09:49

... And just read the last one too about (the other) Nicky and her half marathon..... awesome stuff, well done to her and well done to you too!

10/04/2013 at 11:17

Thanks Nicky - I was looking at the stats for that blog and wondered why the one day I had received 22 hits from Asthma UK, and then my cousin told me he had linked to it from the chat rooms (he's a moderator)!

10/04/2013 at 12:57

hi all

will read that vixx, on lunch right now

weigh in9st 13lbs, maintaining good!

10/04/2013 at 13:01

great blog Vixx, inspiring is the word!

11/04/2013 at 15:34

Thanks Wabo - well done on maintaining!

Am carb-depleting. Wasn't going to, but I do notice a difference when I do a race after it.

12/04/2013 at 07:28

Morning from a dreich west of Scotland

Right glazier coming at 8:30am to replace a kitchen window

Will need to catch up

Cheers re jobs best wishes.

12/04/2013 at 08:13

Morning everyone

Hope the weather improves for you Birkmyre, especially if you have a window out.

Vixx - Great blog, shows what you can do if you get up and go for it.

Wabo - Don't go too mad with the tapering (you too Vixx) and well done on maintaing your weight.

Nicky - looking good for your knees, enjoy the running.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. My knee has been giving me real problems and  has really been getting me down. I'm off to the physio this morning to see if they can be of any help. Any plans for the weekend?

12/04/2013 at 13:19

lfc good luck with the knee. 

This weekendI will be like a whirling dervish sorting my house in time for my daughter and granddaughter's arrival on Tuesday! Going to the Museum of London as well, groupon thing

Bit of running hope to do park run in the morning actually. WHat about others?

12/04/2013 at 13:38

I'm going to parkrun tomorrow to set a new PB, he said, confidently.

lfc, good luck with the knee, I think we should both complain to the manufacturer to be honest.

Wabo good luck with the house-sorting. Our round of spring cleaning finally got going over Easter with some garden action in the sun, but we've got lots left to do around the house as well. Can't be bothered when the weather's really awful though!

12,001 to 12,020 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.