The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

12,261 to 12,280 of 12,355 messages
09/07/2013 at 21:51

Thanks Wabo and lfc. It was a good meeting for once, and I no longer have to worry about being rushed to fulfill my medical obligations. I'll be having surgery in December, and then I can do the next one when I am good and ready.  I think I will wait until after I have turned 40 for that.

How are you guys?

10/07/2013 at 08:07

Fine thanks Vixx, good to see everything is going well for you.

My running is practically non existant at the moment because I have been mad busy in work and have to do extra hours, so I'm exhusted when I get home.

10/07/2013 at 09:56

Sounds like things are going the right way Vixx, sounds like a nice plan for your 40th .......

I'm also doing very little running (none for the last week in fact) due to the too hot for runnning weather, a niggly little injury/discomfort in my foot from my 10k, feeling like I'm falling out of love with it a bit and also working late - It's our year end so very busy at the mo!

Might try and go for a swim today to get the limbs used to movement again!

Hope everyone's doing okay and enjoying the weather

10/07/2013 at 19:43

good news vixx glad to hear it

lfc and nicky, hope things calm down a bit for you both

didnt weigh today, try tomorrow

11/07/2013 at 11:06

weight has gone back to 10st .75lb, phew, on Monday it was heading the wrong way!

11/07/2013 at 23:14

14st bang on the nose

Well done on reining it in Wabo

What is everyone up to?

13/07/2013 at 08:53

Morning all.  Sorry I have not been around for a while.  My new job is really busy and I have been working extra hours. Really enjoying it though and it will calm down soon.  Enjoying the weather at the moment, slowly getting back into the running.  Having the mornings free is great because I can enjoy the best part of the day before starting work at 3pm.

Need to read back a bit to catch up.  Well done on the weight loss Vixx.

13/07/2013 at 23:53

Hi DD!

Glad the new job is going well!

26/07/2013 at 08:48

How is everyone?

26/07/2013 at 09:46

Hey Vixx!

Not three bad, year end is theoretically all done and dusted so I've got some of my life back, I've been digging up the garden to lay slabs to build a playhouse for my little boy, that's been taking up my free time so still haven't got back out properly running.
Should finish it tomiorrow, he'd better love it!

So, all change next week when I start my training for the Birmingham half, looking forward to getting out running now, I've gone from running 55 miles in June to having done about 6 in July!

31/07/2013 at 21:30

How do Nicky!  How's training going?  Is the playhouse finished yet?

Where has everyone gone?

01/08/2013 at 09:20

I'm finding it hard to get onto the forums. I go to my bookmarks and it doesn't take me to the followed threads anymore.

How are you Vixx?

Nicky - good luck with the training. How was the playhouse recieved?

02/08/2013 at 10:04

morning all

10 st 2 this week, have had a family weekend (wedding) and a fair amount of booze etc so I guess I expected it!

Training harder now for Snowdonia so weight should be fine.

04/08/2013 at 10:23

Hi lfc and Wabo!  I don't use bookmarks, I just put the name of thread in search panel up top and go from there. The forum really needs an overhaul though - I don't get notification e-mails for any of the threads I follow now

How is Snowdonia training going? Is it full now?

13st 12 on Thur

05/08/2013 at 13:08

Hi All!

Playhouse is done, looks pretty fab if I do say so myself. The boy is loving it too which is good, he unceremoniously kicked me out to have it all to himself which was a bit of a shame!

Training is starting in earnest today with a 4-5 mile easy run this lunchtime. In the event, I only got out there once last week, finding it very easy to make excuses recently but running out of time now!

The weight has crept up to 174/175 too which is not so good, will expect to make inroads into that simply by running more!

Hope everyone is doing well, Wabo is that the Snowdonia marathon? I sent the profile map of that around to my friends saying "here's a really bad idea for something that we should never do"....

06/08/2013 at 21:45

Nicky - after doing the Giants Head Marathon at the end of June (6000ft climb), and doing the Bolton Hill Marathon in March (2995ft climb) and Windemere Marathon in the middle (1500ft climb), then I have to admit I would like to try Snowdon to see where that marathon fits in!

Great news about the playhouse - shame you got kicked out!

Hope that the training goes well

08/08/2013 at 12:59

hi all

oh nicky yes the Snowdonia marathon inOctober

training has been sporadic and higgledy piggeldy vixx but am on it now!

weight this week 10st 1.  Staying there really

11/08/2013 at 16:59

Well done on maintaining Wabo. I am currently debating whether to see if there is a space going begging for Snowdonia......

12/08/2013 at 12:37

oh vixx do it!!

19/08/2013 at 16:25

After the races I have done this year, I think I would enjoy Snowdon. If you hear of a space let me know!

12,261 to 12,280 of 12,355 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.