The Long Green Tape Measure......

A weight-loss sub-thread of The Long Green Ribbon Thread.

141 to 160 of 12,362 messages
27/04/2009 at 12:21

Ello

Back late last night from rugby tour with our lad. They got to semis so well chuffed with them as it was a scratch team.

Errrrr...drank quite a bit and ditched the healthy eating. Was all burgers and crisps I'm afraid. I need to be careful this week and I should be okay. Cycle commute tomorrow.

27/04/2009 at 12:30

Hey everyone, i'm very happy with myself today as i really struggle to eat well at work and i had a really good day. Porridge and strawberries for brekkie, apple, chilli & brown rice for lunch, then a friend gave me a couple of square's of dairy milk which was actually yuck as it tastes different over here (to stop it melting) then a banana......then i came home and went for a run, just 3.5miles but it all counts.

All in all a good start to the week, i'm going to have to weigh in early this week as i'm away for the weekend, off to fraser island off the queensland coast for some beach fun & camping - so a weekend of bbqs and no running - not sure what that will do for the waist line!

Oh, also i took advantage of the time difference and entered the london marathon today (early on before anyone was up and the site crashed) - this is my 3rd entry - i'm actually one of the few people who doesn't want to get in, i'm just building up my entries so i can do it in a couple of years when i have a more solid base!

Off to bed soon, have a good day everyone!

27/04/2009 at 12:37

Good work Sydney. Night night! (Weird saying that).

I am trying (unsuccessfully) to enter online ballot for London marathon as well. This will be my fourth consecutive entry and, like you, half of me is hoping to be rejected.

27/04/2009 at 12:55
Unfortunately some of us round here actually want to do the London Marathon, have been trying to get on their site since 8.15am and Virgin are denying that entries opened before 9am.
27/04/2009 at 13:10

Think I'm about a pound lighter than this time last week, but I really don't count that as weight loss, more fluctuation.  You can put that back on again with one meal!  Not overly bothered about weight loss at the moment as Edinburgh mara is only 5 weeks away.  Would have been nice if more had come off, with running 33 miles last week though!  Starving today after yesterday's half ,and seem to be craving carbs .

27/04/2009 at 13:11
No joy with VLM site either Yeti <stamps foot>
27/04/2009 at 13:11
Yeti - the trouble with the system is that if you want to get in you almost have to accept that you'll have 4 rejections (I think it's 4) first which has developed a system where for anyone who wants to do it in a particular year it makes sense to apply for several years previously first. If I get a place I'll either do it myself or give it to someone who really wants to do it but gets rejected so no-one loses out.
27/04/2009 at 13:19

afternoon all, dont think im bothering with FLM for next year, got my first marathon this year and will see how that goes before i ever apply for another one !

well i had my 10k race on sunday and going by the theory of 6 secs off your time for every 1lb lighter you are i was hoping for a PB. last 10k 2 weeks ago i was exactly 4lb heavier on the morning of the race, managed to beat my PB by 14 seconds and for the first time ever dipped under the magic 45 mins marker !!!!!!! finished in 44:56  not quite the full 6 seconds per lb but pretty damn good all the same

27/04/2009 at 13:45
well done SJ - good going
27/04/2009 at 13:46

Finally got through on VLM site - muchos patience is required!  and keep refreshing when it says "page cannot be displayed"

RTG - I'm thinking the same as you - just eating normally for these 5 weeks, any odd pound lost will be a bonus, but more likely fluid lost rather than fat.  I'm giving into carb cravings - just trying to make sure they're more the good sort than bad, e.g. toast rather than cake!

27/04/2009 at 13:59
Well done yeti and thanks for the tips. I am now getting a page that says "try later" so someone has obviously caught on but they also say "due to unprecedented demand". Errr, I doubt the level of demand could be described as unprecedented.
27/04/2009 at 18:06

Hello

Can i join? I think it might help me with motivation a bit

I'm 5.2 and weigh 58 kg (not sure what this is in stones) but want to get back to 50-52 kg which i was until i put on weight after going to uni.  

I'd like to get down to 54kg by 25th june but it feels a bit impossible at the moment. eeek. especially  since i haven't eaten too well today.

27/04/2009 at 21:33
Hello Hollie   The more the merrier - think we're a good range of size/weight/fitness in here...
27/04/2009 at 22:05

Crap food day yesterday and no better today with yummy leftovers in fridge-ooops.

Starting tomorrow with an early run, but have a business lunch at work so that won't help.

Been intermittently trying the VLM website on and off today. Que sera, sera and all that.

Welcome Hollie

Rc.    pirate
27/04/2009 at 22:24

Bah, Just weighed myself no change still 12st 8 3/4  . Mind you no running for the last month and hardly any bike work last week due to mental workload (I have my own company and doing an exhibition at NEC starting tomorrow). Still at least I havent gained anything is a positive start to the week. Going to hit the bike and rowing as soon as I get in this week then hopefully Friday I can get the allclear to begin running again.

Would you recommend I ease myself back in with like 3 miles or something and see how I go?

27/04/2009 at 22:28

Hi everyone - I hope that everyone got into the ballot who wanted to get in.

Today being Monday is a good day to re-start with the good intentions after the weekend, so be positive, and I hope everyone has a good week

27/04/2009 at 22:30

Rodeo Clownz - I would just ease in with a walk/run situation first just to see how you get on - especially if it has been a while since you last ran.  The cross training will have kept you in good stead though.

We don't want you getting injured again due to pushing too hard, but enjoy your first run back.

What's the show you are doing at the NEC?

Rc.    pirate
27/04/2009 at 22:50
Thanks for the advice Vixx will do just that, not running is a real pain in the ass, literally for me . We are doing SignUk. Fingers crossed should be a good show
27/04/2009 at 23:22

Evening all, welcome holly!

I can confirm the VLM site definitely opened early, i entered about 5am your time when i saw a post on RW saying it was open. If i do get a place then looks like another trip home will be planned for april, which is good as its 2 days before my mum's birthday, and i'll be ready for another visit home by then.

I've been naughty and weighed myself the last couple of days, after being 10st 3lbs on friday, i was 10 st 0 on monday and 10 st 1lb this morning....so long as its down i'm happy!

Good night everyone!

28/04/2009 at 08:32
Sydney - I confess I was too keen this morning too, and weighed myself. Only a pound less than Saturday am, but as the weekend was still full of good food, wine and cake, I can't complain!  It's good motivation too
141 to 160 of 12,362 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.