The URWFRC Forum

Just interested really

61 to 75 of 75 messages
06/11/2002 at 10:34
It does seem a bit cliquey, and the long threads are a problem, but everyone is friendly and welcoming.

I think it is just down to time, the people that can spend more time on the forums get to know each other better, and so form a little subset.
But this isn't a problem, we are all welcome to join in, as I do sometimes. And I am definately not a "fast marathon runner"!
Ratbag    pirate
06/11/2002 at 13:12
Boing....

Come on over and give it a try..

Filbert did and got lost amongst the virtual hugs!!!

....try the darkside too...it takes a while to get into the swing of it but again all are welcome to join in the insanity.....
06/11/2002 at 17:52
I was new to the forum once and felt a bit unsure (I also only have internet access at work) - but I dipped my toe in and it didn't get bitten off so I keep going back.

Come join us - we don't bite!

Go-On,-Give-It-A-Go Shambler!

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
06/11/2002 at 20:08
And I'm absolutely definitely anything but a fast runner - except on the Dark Side
06/11/2002 at 20:58
Oh dear - what does this say about me?

I didn't even realise there was any significance to the URWFRC.

I just dived in and was overwhelmed and now I don't have a life anymore!!

Well of course, that's not quite true. Only part of the time

And I've been fortunate, as within a few weeks of getting stuck in I've met several other forumites at the Dublin Marathon. And none of us had two heads (well, not all of us anyway) and all seemed quite normal and all were pleased to meet one another.

In fact reality reflected virtuality in as much as some of us stuck together as much as possible throughout the weekend and others stayed on the fringe and joined in now and then.

And yet despite all that, I've never contributed to eh Dark Side yet. Whenever I sneak a peak there seems to be a conversation going on (which is absolutely fine of course), it's usually round midnight or beyond, and it hasn't seemed appropriate to butt in, and so I've withdrawn as discreetly as I looked in.

But butt in I will, one day, of that there is no doubt!

06/11/2002 at 21:22
Hi RB,
even I can't keep up in URWFRC forum these days. There seems to be a group who are on there throughout the day and it's just to difficult to keep up with the speed of the posts. I still pop in from time to time, more so on a weekend or when on hols from work.

It's good to see it's success! I'm just a little out of touch with what's going on.
07/11/2002 at 00:31
I know it seems a bit manic, but it's worth the effort...
07/11/2002 at 00:53
I love the Forums (URWFRC) but being a working class bloke I find it hard to keep up with all you professional type people, that seem to be the majority in these forums, with all your clever wit, but I try to do my best ............
07/11/2002 at 01:06
Gaz - trust me it's not too bad - i have no wit just a drunk lizard.

Have you recently adopted a baseball cap or am i going insane?
07/11/2002 at 09:01
I have never yet had to chance to meet up with anyone, apart from Jacqueline, who is still around by the way, but I know many forumites do the same races that I do, but hey ho - I must be blind before a race, I come from the south - and am not able to make the 15th December run - so many of us still can't meet up in the flesh. I have cannot always get on the internet and do lose track of some of the threads - but I find it interesting and there are so many different characters - one day I will meet you all.........so there's hope for us all

Whizzy
07/11/2002 at 12:15
Hi Godzilla,
You are not going insane I have indeed just adopted a baseball cap.

Cheers from a drunk baseball cap wearer.

I love you all really.....

Garry...........
07/11/2002 at 12:18
Gaz, every new picture you upload makes you look more deranged than the last. You really ARE spending too much time on the darkside. Or on the lager possibly...
07/11/2002 at 12:23
Thanks for the complement Glenn ! ! ! !

I will have to come up with a better and less deranged picture to use........

Think I will have to stop the evil drink...
07/11/2002 at 12:27
I owe you a pint Gaz... not forgotten.
07/11/2002 at 12:30
Cheers Barkles...........

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 75 of 75 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.