The weeks between a marathon and a half....

4 messages
11/04/2012 at 20:03

I ran a marathon on Sunday, and have a 1/2 coming up on the 29th of this month. I'v never done many events close together. 1 a month at most but they tend to be halfs and 10k as opposed to marathon and 1/2's.

Im at a bit of a loss really on what to do in this interim period though to allow myself time to recover but still retain fitness for 2.5wks time...

Any experienced runners can help me out? Will be most greatful!! Hoping for a PB since having my children. Thanks in advance.

11/04/2012 at 20:32
Have I asked this in the wrong place?
12/04/2012 at 08:55
I suggest you have a look at Hal Higdon's website for some ideas. He has some training programmes for gaps between two marathons from 2 weeks to 8 weeks IIRC. You could adapt one of them to your needs.
12/04/2012 at 18:09
Many thanks. Will take a look now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.