Things you have seen in the gym which make you go 'Hmmmmmm' ...

21 to 40 of 185 messages
04/02/2013 at 15:52

Going to the studio for a class and having to first clear the floor space of equipment left by those doing personal training.  Obviously they have worked so hard that they are too weak to replace it when they finish.

04/02/2013 at 15:54

Bit sleazy, secretly filming people in the gym?  (Even if they are doing strange things!)

04/02/2013 at 15:54

DF3 - I take it you're not a big Demis Roussos fan then?

04/02/2013 at 15:55

I just get really really upset at bad form, especially big guys with big weights just lifting incorrectly.  

and women lifting piddly little weights.... 

04/02/2013 at 15:55
Sums up the entire thread. Nice post Marc
04/02/2013 at 15:56
Bear B.Hind wrote (see)

Going to the studio for a class and having to first clear the floor space of equipment left by those doing personal training.  Obviously they have worked so hard that they are too weak to replace it when they finish.

That is annoying! On a similar note ... going into a studio for a barefoot class (yoga, Pilates etc) and finding the floor covered in muddy footprints. Either have a rule that muddy trainers can't be worn in the studio, or get the cleaners to mop the floor between classes.

04/02/2013 at 15:59

Dropping the weights is fine in certain circumstances

Also, despite the fact I run fairly long distances, I hate the treadmill so much that anything more than 10 minutes is like a death sentence. So typically I will only do 10 minutes at very high speed to satisfy my legs and then leave.

I once saw a man running in a full suit, complete with loafers, on a treadmill. I fell backwards off my treadmill in shock at that and Hamilton crashing out of the F1 at the same time. 

04/02/2013 at 15:59
There is a certain philosophy that people use that if they spend two years down the gym then they must have done something really good. Even if without all the pissing about they could have done more in 20 minutes.
Nurse Ratched    pirate
04/02/2013 at 16:05
Mr. X wrote (see)

I once saw a man running in a full suit, complete with loafers, on a treadmill.

No! Surely not.  Was it Children in Need day?

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 16:05
04/02/2013 at 16:08
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
There is a certain philosophy that people use that if they spend two years down the gym then they must have done something really good.

it is more than I could manage.

04/02/2013 at 16:15

Marc that made my afternoon

WTF was the bloke doing on the rower?? and the bloke spazzing on the floor was hilarous

04/02/2013 at 16:21
cougie wrote (see)

People on bikes pedalling about 30rpm whilst wrapped up warmly in their best velour jacket so the aircon doesn't chill them. Oh they're doing Facebook updates at the same time. 

I read that as 30mph and really started worrying about my cycling capability!

04/02/2013 at 16:30
Wtf? I meant to say 2 hours down the gym. My mind is all over the place today!!
04/02/2013 at 16:33
fat buddha wrote (see)
Also-ran wrote (see)
Rowing machines: People with no idea about technique, about to do themselves a lower back injury, and the staff who completely ignore whats going on in front of their eyes. "They had an induction, so thats our liability waived"

the problem is that most of the instructors have no idea on how to use the rower either so they teach poor technique and thus it perpetuates. 

Yep The trainer at our gym a couple of years back who told Sprog 2 that his rowing on the concept2 was suspect and if he wanted he could teach him.....

Sprog 2 was very restrained as he pointed out he was currently Captain of Boats for his Cambridge College

04/02/2013 at 16:48

What is education coming to. Cambridge arguably the best university in England and they can't even find a college captain of boats that can row

cougie    pirate
04/02/2013 at 16:49
LOL !
04/02/2013 at 16:50
Lardarse wrote (see)
EKGO wrote (see)

I saw a woman in the gym on a reclined bike, she was really going at it and all the ham in her sandwich was hanging out

..was that a euphemism? lol

Ha ha you got it Lardarse!

04/02/2013 at 16:50

I know he's rubbish !  (But he's a hell of a lot bigger than me so daren't say so)

04/02/2013 at 17:15

I had always suspected the Personal Trainers in our Gym knew nothing about running.  This was confirmed when one of them, in response to me saying I was heading out for a 14-mile run, said 'How long will that take?  About an hour?'.  AND HE WASN'T HAVING A LAUGH WITH ME!!!!

04/02/2013 at 17:18
Marc.S wrote (see)

i was in a pure gym recently, the number of young orange skinned girls lifting essentially empty bars wearing more make up than most girls would wear to a night club and texting the whole time they are in the gym (even between reps sometimes) 

all the reasons in this thread are why i built a gym at home, 

i'll just leave this here: enjoy 

I'm almost afraid to watch this in case I'm on there.

21 to 40 of 185 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.