Things you have seen in the gym which make you go 'Hmmmmmm' ...

61 to 80 of 229 messages
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
04/02/2013 at 19:59
I think most gyms could do to scrap the cafe ! I called in mine this after noon, and couldn't get a table in the cafe cos it was full of fat people, who had done 10 minutes looking at a running machine and were refuelling !
04/02/2013 at 20:03
People have paid to get in. They can do what they want so long as they're not disrupting anyone else. What I do object to is prissy judgements or sniggering because someone's too fat, too old, doing something "funny", dressed "funny", or too disabled.

Although swearing, and gratuitous flexing in the mirrors is pretty irksome. And I should stop doing it.
04/02/2013 at 20:04

I don't know about annoying but I am always amazed by the people who leave a spinning class fresh as a daisy while I am drenched. I know I'm a sweaty middle aged man but surely anyone who'd just paid for a class would want to glow a little by the end?

04/02/2013 at 20:09
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Apparently Greeks arent called Phil??

Don't tell Prince Phillip that!

04/02/2013 at 20:21
Old Colin wrote (see)

I don't know about annoying but I am always amazed by the people who leave a spinning class fresh as a daisy while I am drenched. I know I'm a sweaty middle aged man but surely anyone who'd just paid for a class would want to glow a little by the end?

I went to an x-biking class (like spinning but with wobblier handlebars, apparently) for the first time this week and dripped so much sweat on the bike the resistance control stopped working until I wrapped it in my towel. No-one else seemed to be quite as damp. Could it be being used to exercising outside where it's cold?

04/02/2013 at 21:18

I am constantly perturbed by the elderly guy i see on the treadmill quite often, he'll bedoing a high paced interval run I'd be proud of. It looks wrong, my brain stubbornly refuses to accept what my eyes are seeing. Sprinting 70 year olds. 

Also in L.A. a botoxed, plastic lady, head to foot baby pink lycra jogging on a treadmill where aside from her legs nothing moved. Arms, face, boobs and hair all stock still. She looked like a scary robot Barbie. She occassionally haunts my dreams.

04/02/2013 at 21:31
My favourite was the guy on the cross trainer next to me who was not only watching a film on his iPad but also texting at the same time. And they say men can't multitask.
04/02/2013 at 22:13

One lady kept doing the splits right next to me when I was doing my core work, back in the days when I used to haunt the local establishment.  I have never quite got over the sight of a sweaty Nike clad camel toe, wedged near my face whilst I was attempting to plank.  

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 22:13
04/02/2013 at 22:25
@HeOw - it's so tempting to edit your last word...
04/02/2013 at 22:36
HeOw wrote (see)

One lady kept doing the splits right next to me when I was doing my core work, back in the days when I used to haunt the local establishment.  I have never quite got over the sight of a sweaty Nike clad camel toe, wedged near my face whilst I was attempting to plank.  

There is a lady that does that at my gym all the time.

She's also a £300 an hour hooker with the confidence to match.

A bit distracting.

04/02/2013 at 22:43
Which gym are you at Gertie? And how do you know that she's a hooker, let alone how much she charges?
04/02/2013 at 22:50

to answer your questions....

that'll cost you.

it was a nudge, nudge, wink type of rumour that included her working name

I've seen her price on her website (and her photos)

04/02/2013 at 22:52

I always knew I was in the wrong game being a unpaid housewife.  Could have set meself up with a website and a Pay as you Go tariff. 

04/02/2013 at 23:13

Well Heow, you are half way there you got some kit what with the strap ons and lube, someone out there must have a sweaty betty fetish !! 

04/02/2013 at 23:18

...and she knows how to talk dirty.

04/02/2013 at 23:19

it depends on what heow looks like though. people dont pay thoroughbred prices to walk away with a donkey.

05/02/2013 at 07:06
Things that me go Eugh would be the guy on the treadmill next to me a while ago who smelt so bad I choked whilst trying to run. It was so bad I had to move treadmill. This was clearly stale stinky sweat and easily sorted out by washing training kit regularly.

Why do people hold onto the bar on the treadmill? We have a few women who do that. It doesn't look very comfortable.

Positives are the weight room junkies who move over for me to do my sets before resuming their muscle building and also the same guys who will advise on use of weight machines when I can't remember what I am doing. But boo to the guys who leave the machine on such a high weight I can't change it! Yay again to the guys who help move it!!
05/02/2013 at 08:08

I have no gripe with the larger people in the gym, at least they are making an effort
but the weights guys who think 3 reps on a top weight are better than 2x15 or 2x20 on something they can manage
Clearly fitter people who will always go on the dreadmill rather than run outside.
I can understand staying in for newbies - we all know how awkward running outside can be the first time - but why do an 8 miler on the tready?
oh an +1 for those that leave the gym fresher than when they arrive...I'm dripping with sweat before Ive finished the warm up (although that could be the lack of air-con)

05/02/2013 at 09:21

@Dustin - 3 reps on max weight may well be better than 2x15 or 2x20, unless you're a girl.

05/02/2013 at 09:29

I'll be honest, I like running long distances on the 'dreadmill' sometimes just to show off to the other people who get on said device thinking 'Oh I hope I can run a mile today....' as they look across and see me cross over into the 6 mile mark on my machine

Childish I know .......

61 to 80 of 229 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.