Things you have seen in the gym which make you go 'Hmmmmmm' ...

81 to 100 of 229 messages
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
05/02/2013 at 09:30
HeOw wrote (see)

I always knew I was in the wrong game being a unpaid housewife.  Could have set meself up with a website and a Pay as you Go tariff. 

Not sure tho that Helsby would run to £300 an hour ?

05/02/2013 at 09:32
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
HeOw wrote (see)

I always knew I was in the wrong game being a unpaid housewife.  Could have set meself up with a website and a Pay as you Go tariff. 

A day maybe???

05/02/2013 at 09:40

First time using a local gym, so keeping my head down and going through my routine.  A slight chap comes in in full tri gear and begins on the bench press - each rep includes a loud "Hooooweeeerrrrr."

I think "Fair enough" and carry on doing my thing with the "Hoooowwweeeerrrr - ing" going on in the background, abeit rising in volume. 

After a few sets and plenty more "Hooowweeerrrs" there is a particuarly loud one, but I've got my head facing away from the bench area so think no more about it. 

Suddenly the gym owner runs to the bench across shouting "You alright Dave ?" and ends up lifting the bar off the poor chap's throat. 

Volume decreased after that...

05/02/2013 at 09:49

My last experience with the gym was in a class! Bodypump, and if anyones done this will know its fairly tough.

well this chap/meat-head came in from lifting his 3x10 reps of heavy weight to try the class (plus his OH was the instructor)

lets just say he got shamed.

another, is the meat-heads lifting so much weight they give off a roar when they slam the weights down like its some kind of tough man comp.

05/02/2013 at 09:56
Intermanaut wrote (see)

@AgentGinger - since you stopped going that figure has dropped to 14%. Ba-boom!

Touche

05/02/2013 at 10:33
HeOw wrote (see)

an hour seems a bit ambitious imo.

there might be a market for people paying 50 quid for 10 minutes.

05/02/2013 at 11:43
HeOw wrote (see)

I reckon I could venture to El Porto later on and sort out some type of Bright House style agreement for £3 a month but the interest is 2867%.  Could advertise myself in the window, doing A Plank in full Nike regalia in between the 70 inch LCD TV and the dove grey leather recliner chair that is a must have for my punters to do his leg exercises on. 

05/02/2013 at 12:03
skotty wrote (see)

an hour seems a bit ambitious imo.

there might be a market for people paying 50 quid for 10 minutes.

I'd HIIT that.

(See what I did there?)

05/02/2013 at 12:50

A few weeks ago I watched a guy on a sit-up bench eat a packet of monster munch, he didn't do any sit-ups.

However the most disturbing sight was a really ugly woman (Ps I'm gorgeous) wearing denim hot pants and a woolly cardigan practise her sexy catwalk walk on a treadmill that was set to about 1kph. 

05/02/2013 at 12:59

The most distracting thing I've ever seen in the gym (and don't judge me here) was a fairly fit 17/18 year old in black leggings, but when she sat down, you noticed that they were slightly see through.  So here she is, on a leg press machine with the gusset of her pink thong smiling at me through her leggings whilst I'm trying to sort my triceps and shoulders out.  I swear she knew exactly what she was doing.  And yeah, I know that as a dad, I wouldn't be rightly happy about some 30 year old guy oggling my 17/18 year old daughter's goodies...

cougie    pirate
05/02/2013 at 13:16
I do love it when people wear cardigans to the gym. If you're still wearing one whilst exercising - maybe you need to put a BIT more effort in ?
05/02/2013 at 13:44

" I swear she knew exactly what she was doing"

The fact she turned around and gave you a wink should have been the first clue she knew exactly what she was doing.

05/02/2013 at 13:49
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

" I swear she knew exactly what she was doing"

The fact she turned around and gave you a wink should have been the first clue she knew exactly what she was doing. 

Sadly no wink, but the overly innocent face might have been a clue.  Well, that and the choice of obviously visible underwear.  The only way she could have been more obvious is wearing a luminous yellow Borat style mankini.

cougie    pirate
05/02/2013 at 13:53
Have you been stalking me too ?

""
Edited: 05/02/2013 at 13:53
05/02/2013 at 13:56
cougie wrote (see)
Have you been stalking me too ?

""

Dear God, I have no idea what you look like, and now I have no desire to know what you look like.  The mankini image is enough... 

05/02/2013 at 14:03

I've seen lots of women wearing thin leggings at the gym, I genuinely don't think they realise how transparent they get when doing certain exercises.

Gotta do the bending over in front of a mirror test before wearing new leggings to yoga class for the first time.

Or wear really attractive knickers underneath.

05/02/2013 at 14:24

I'm fairly convinced that this girl knew exactly what she was doing.  I'm not convinced that it was an accident.  Also, the way she was exercising very slowly, taking every minute to show off kinda suggests to me that she was just a tease, not an accidental exhibitionist.

05/02/2013 at 14:35
Mr By 'Eck wrote (see)

I'm fairly convinced that this girl knew exactly what she was doing.  I'm not convinced that it was an accident.  Also, the way she was exercising very slowly, taking every minute to show off kinda suggests to me that she was just a tease, not an accidental exhibitionist.

I would have thought the fact she kept dropping that 10 pence piece on the ground exclaiming loudly 'Oops, dropped it again .....' might have given you another clue

05/02/2013 at 15:43
Mr By 'Eck wrote (see)

So whereabouts would this gym be out of interest?

05/02/2013 at 15:50

Alton, Hampshire.  You occasionally get someone worth oggling in there, Friday evenings are generally good (my wife has decided that Friday evenings and Sunday before lunch are my gym times).  But being less than generous, there are some people in there (myself included) that do really need to be there.  They're not all exhibitionist teenagers.

81 to 100 of 229 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.