Things you have seen in the gym which make you go 'Hmmmmmm' ...

141 to 160 of 191 messages
07/02/2013 at 15:03

- People who seem to be in the gym every day doing bicep curls...and then some more bicep curls.  In fact that's about the extent of their 'workout'

- Some bloke hanging from the pull up bars pitifully trying to do more than 5 pull ups but ending up looking like a kiddy's puppet with the strings cut.  That'd be me then.

07/02/2013 at 15:31

This is what I just don't get - and yes it is always the blokes! Having to work out in pairs. What is the point? One lifts the weights on a machine while the other watches. So you're only doing half a work out! Can someone explain that one? Is it not more sensible to both be doing something at the same time? (and no it's not coz all the other machines are taken either)

Doner Kebab    pirate
07/02/2013 at 15:37
Heavy weight requires a set rest period , especially if you're doing close to your one rep max, just like sprinters will rest between intervals
Doner Kebab    pirate
07/02/2013 at 15:38
And its safer to have a spotter - just in case
07/02/2013 at 18:04

It's also so that they can get help with the last rep or two, effectively making it lighter without taking the weight off.

07/02/2013 at 18:11

On the original post then the stangest thing I have seen is the use of hair dryers in the mens changing rooms...feet, armpits, one bloke even stuck it up his towel to blow dry the man bits...I know there's 'hair' there, but really.

07/02/2013 at 19:47
EWWWWWWW
07/02/2013 at 23:37
Rob that's especially difficult if you want to do that and there's only a hand dryer fixed to the wall and someone comes in just as you're getting into position standing on the basin counter ...
08/02/2013 at 06:27
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Opinions are like a..eholes ...... everyones got one and everyone thinks theirs is better than the person next to them.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/dirtyh_0.jpg?width=350

From the man himself.

I like the bit where someone says "Horseshit!" and Harry says, "Talking of horseshit, when did you last arrest someone captain?".

kittenkat    pirate
08/02/2013 at 06:54

fuckin'ell, I only got up to page 3 cos I've got to go to work, but very funny guys. You've made me giggle away. I have 24/7 use of a gym if I want it but I never bother, we've got free weights, kettle bells, punch bag and a load of other stuff here at home.

08/02/2013 at 07:57

Maybe next month you could make use of the punch bag to get rid of the anger rather than any passing journo

08/02/2013 at 08:08
Maxpower, I was goin to put the same!
08/02/2013 at 08:13
Maxpower North West wrote (see)

Maybe next month you could make use of the punch bag to get rid of the anger rather than any passing journo

Ha ha, you've yet to see me when I actually AM angry.

08/02/2013 at 09:14

I want a punchbag.  Actually, I want a full length kick bag.  A mate of mine did Aikido and got pretty good, and taught me a few things.  Its been far too long since I properly kicked the shit out of something, and it would be good to have something inanimate to take it all out on.  Next house maybe.  The only place we have any space to do a roundhouse kick in would be the living room, and I doubt By 'Eck would appreciate me doing that whilst she's trying to watch Greys Anatomy or similar.

08/02/2013 at 22:46
People on the treadmill or cross trainer doing a leisurely pace whilst chatting with a friend on the next machine. Makes me want to ask them if they want coffee and cake. Have a chat after the workout rather than hogging up machines.
09/02/2013 at 08:07
Nothing wrong with doing a leisurely pace and chatting. They may well be following as programme that was geared to help them comes back from illness. If you're so good on a treadmill, run outside like a real runner.
seren nos    pirate
09/02/2013 at 08:13

Intermanaut.i was ctually just thinking the same...............

09/02/2013 at 08:30
People go to the gum for two reasons: fitness and/or vanity. I go for both.
09/02/2013 at 08:35
I could have done without the guy on the next treadmill having a leisurely chat on his phone the other day. At 15kph.
09/02/2013 at 10:31
... But if I run outside I can't watch Eastenders

If u do a decent speed \ walking uphill I don't mind but if you just want to do a stroll why not do it outside along the river which is next to the gym?
141 to 160 of 191 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.