Timed Runs

If I'm Doing ... Such Amount Of Miles What Times Should I Be Aiming For?

3 messages
06/07/2009 at 18:32

Hey

I'm 15 Years Old and Now Want To Take My running Alot More Seriously.

Ive Been Running For Around A Year And Have Only Been In One Race Which Is A 10K.

After This I Feel As Though I've Improved Drasticly Over Long Distances But I Dont Know A Decent Time For A Set Amount Of Miles Please Help...

Thank You

06/07/2009 at 19:55
It Must Have Taken A While To Get Every Word To Begin With A Capital Letter?
06/07/2009 at 20:07

Thers 2 ways you can go about it, the first is using age grading which takes your time over a distance and tells you as a percentage how it compares with the record for your age group (parkrun use it alot) parkrun is the next one, a local 5km where you can race against others of the same age or older and taht way you can see how fast you are compared to others, its all recorded online so you can track your times over a set period of time. Another way is to meerly track your times and distances- over the space of a month see how your times compare, without competitive racing dont worry too much about exact times, look at getting endurance and speed up and enjoy running! too many people get lost in the world of times.

Im 22 my times are around 42 ish for 10k , 20.22 for 5km and 1.31 for half marathon those are rough guides and give me an age graded score of 50-60% google it for more info

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.