Timing of Runs

4 messages
27/09/2011 at 20:16

I'm currently preparing for the Cardiff HM which will be my first, I'm happy with the way my training is going and with just less than 3weeks to go I can comfortably run 15k but all of my running is in the night (8pm onwards) fitting in early runs is very difficult, I was wondering whether its something I really have to force or could I wing it with my normal preparation?? I could fit in (and have done) 2 Parkruns but thats only 5k

27/09/2011 at 20:31

I am teh reverse, I never run in teh morning and if I do make that mistake it always ends in tears as I am never warmed up properly. I have always managed in races though.

I like to eat 2 slices of toast and have a cup of tea a minimum of 2 hours before the race starts. I also like to get well-warmed up even before driving to the star.

I am sure it will not make a lot of difference as long as you prepare properly. Having done 2 parkrun races is a bonus.

Have you not got time to run on a weekend morning before the race or is it this weekend?

Latest post - 'Hadd' passes away
http://calfstrainsrus.wordpress.com/

27/09/2011 at 21:44

I'm not a morning runner either, much prefer to run later in the day. I know I can run first thing in the morning but I feel better leaving it til later. I like evening runs best.

Again, I don't have a problem with races whatever time they start.

27/09/2011 at 22:11

Thanks, No, I cant fit morning runs in as I am have to do the school run on weekdays, take my son to footy on Saturday mornings and need a lie in on a sunday

The race is Oct 16th so I'm hoping to get the next two parkruns in

Edited: 27/09/2011 at 22:12

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.