Tis' the season

think of those less fortunate

21 to 28 of 28 messages
18/12/2010 at 20:38

Meldy I bought I fab one at IKEA of all places, after extensive research at all the usual places which stock loads.  I was looking for a 70/30 fridge/freezer combo and couldn't find one anywhere.  IKEA were only stocking 2 models at the time and that was one of them (made by Whirlpool).

Alternatively, it's so cold at the moment, you could probably build an efficient one in your garden or backyard if you have one with some bricks or snow.

18/12/2010 at 20:39
Nail cat to milk...do i have to think of everything
M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2010 at 20:40
I dont have any heating (another story!!) so currently have no need for one

18/12/2010 at 21:23
I'm concerned a firmware update can do this, I own a 310xt what other functionality does the update add.
18/12/2010 at 21:30

none Richy123 as far as I can tell. What happened is I was uploading data to the Garmin connet website and it informed me that I had an update available and would I like it.
I accepted the update as usual as I have updated the device previously without issue. However this time when it finished updating it switched off which it had not done before.
Upon restarting everything looks fine and it works as normal (no added fuctionality is apparent)
however I am now no longer able to upload the run data to any website at all with it so contacted Garmin who have instructed me to return it for repair which will be done shortly.

The new Garmin which has earlier firmwear uploads data without issue (although I keep getting an update offered to me, which I decline at this time for some reason )

Edited: 18/12/2010 at 21:33
18/12/2010 at 21:56
Thanks for the info Squeakz I will remember to reject any updates. I would be bloody annoyed if I couldn't use it. Although like you I am decadent and do have a 405cx back up.
26/12/2010 at 23:53

After some thoughts and a few messages to certain forum members
I have decided what I am doing with the 310xt once I get it back from Garmin repaired in the new year
My intention was to make a difference to someone and inspire others to do something nice.

One person presented a great argument for e-baying the device and giving the money to charity. It seemed a truly genuine and unselfish request as I know this person is not in a position to purchase a 310xt for themselves as such this action is being taken out of courtesy for them.

I would also like to extend an offer to buy this person a Garmin as I still think good things should happen to good people. I believe in Karma you get back what you give out.

If this person wishes to identify themselves, its up to them.

Happy new year

M...eldy    pirate
27/12/2010 at 15:20
Nice work Squeakz

I hope that you had a very deserving Christmas 

Be sure to let me have the eby link when you put it up, I suspect it will go above my budget but if I can help boost some money for Macmillan then I will do x
Edited: 28/12/2010 at 14:11

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.