toe

Poorly toe!

11 messages
11/08/2013 at 15:47

Hello can anybody help!

i keep getting a bad toe ( the long one next to big on right foot) ,small blister and lost 2 nails off it! I use vasaline and ok socks,trainers are size bigger and better but still get problems! Training good for notts Half but toe is a niggling problem

12/08/2013 at 16:13

where is the blister?

12/08/2013 at 16:58

Hello. I keep getting it on the end!

14/08/2013 at 00:22

I have never used a bigger trainer ,  Vaseline , good socks and decent trainers but I'm just a novice so it's just my opinion

14/08/2013 at 16:14

One size bigger trainer does help,I have good socks and use lots of Vaseline! I must be a freak!

14/08/2013 at 16:28

What socks is everybody using? Talc? 2 pairs?  Any help would be helpfulhelpful

14/08/2013 at 16:43

Same problem Scott. I guess like me your second toe is longer than the big toe. I've mitigated it a little by tieing laces a bit tighter to stop any banging against the front of the shoe but I do think that the toe is the last bit of my foot to push off from the floor so on any longer runs it takes damage

I've been without a nail on that one for about 18 months now as it bruises with every long run. 

14/08/2013 at 20:25

I've known some runners with toe problems who have cut a hole in the top of their trainers to relieve the pressure on the problem toe. They say it works, but I haven't tried it myself. It sounds a bit drastic, but might be worth a try if all else fails.

14/08/2013 at 21:06

Scott , am told cutting the toe nail down really short so it doesn't make contact with the trainer should help , ur blister is caused by rubbing , 2 reasons , trainers to big or not enuff width , Vaseline should help , stick with it , the niggle will be worth it talc not sure never used it so cant really comment

16/08/2013 at 23:23

me too, just ran a 1/2 marathon and it looks like I am going to lose both my toe nails next to big toe.....i used to have pretty feet before running : (

20/08/2013 at 17:11

Hah I got 1 black toe but I don't like toes anyway!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.