toilet tactics

how to best prepare for a race

21 to 24 of 24 messages
25/04/2013 at 15:05
oii wrote (see)

IMHO i would not recommend a hot curry the night before, i find spicy food pre race plays total havoc with my system, but then we are all different  

Me too.  Likely to keep me up all night with stomach cramps.

25/04/2013 at 15:31
Fergosi wrote (see)
oii wrote (see)

IMHO i would not recommend a hot curry the night before, i find spicy food pre race plays total havoc with my system, but then we are all different  

Me too.  Likely to keep me up all night with stomach cramps.

conversely - my marathon PB is off the back of a hot curry the evening before...

25/04/2013 at 15:38

Just wondering how Geordie Boy's OH was managing in the year and a bit between his OP and his response yesterday.....hope she's not too bunged up

25/04/2013 at 18:39

I'd suggest a nice hot water drunk straight when you wake up, and then finish eating 3hours before your race start.

the adrenaline and nature will then set things to work.

Getting it right for training takes a lot more sorting I find, especially when the session is demanding. Fruit and dairy need to be very carefully taken on board I find.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.