Too Old to Run?

A friend was surprised I still run.

61 to 64 of 64 messages
27/11/2012 at 20:45

Wow that is mighty impressive. It does make you wonder, say you have one person who has ran all their life and someone else who takes it up at say 50 and all things being equal, would they ever reach a standard say 5 years down the line where they were equally good ?

27/11/2012 at 23:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448

This guy was 49 and told he would never walk without crutches again. If he can do it you can too

28/11/2012 at 08:31

Wow that youtube story was truly inspiring! I started yoga again last week and now feel like I've been on a rack I'm so stretched. Definitely got to keep it up because it strengthens and exercises everything so well without the impact. There's a great youtube clip of a 93 year old who still teaches yoga in the US. Her core strength is amazing

18/12/2012 at 23:10

Just read about the TR24 event on another thread and it sounds brilliant. I love trail running and wondered if any other like-minded over 50's fancied making a team for this event. Who out there is crazy enough and like-minded? Equally if there is a team out there needing another member let me know!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 64 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.