trail running in Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire/Cambridgeshire

any tips from locals?

6 messages
17/03/2013 at 15:47

Bit specific this question, but I'm starting to get into trail running and am looking for routes around Beds/Bucks/Cambs. Any ideas for good off-road runs?

17/03/2013 at 19:10
How far do you want to go ?

The Greensand Ridge would be your best bet as I think it goes through all 3 counties you mention

Around June they do an orienteering race.

Get a walking book & follow the walks perhaps combining 2 for a longer run

Finally can't recommend enough Leighton Buzzard Trail/half marathon or whatever it's called in November.

HTH
19/03/2013 at 19:24

Thanks cowgirl   I'm thinking 10K upto half. I'll check out the Greensand Ridge and might give the LBT a try.

M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 19:27

The Ridgeway?  Starts at Ivinghoe ...  goes on for miles !!

22/03/2013 at 19:32

Thanks for that tip. I know the Ridgeway a little bit

04/04/2013 at 23:23
I'm in the same position so glad I found this thread. Had already considered the Greensand Ridge Walk; not got round to it yet. Is the Ridgeway something different?

The race you're referring to is the Dirt Half Challenge. It was announced today that it's going to be on 16 November this year. I think I'll be giving it a go as it's very local to me.

Would be interested/grateful for any other recommendations than GSW. Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.