Trail runs in Yorkshire

suggestions please

3 messages
03/07/2007 at 14:27
I emigrated to NZ 30 months ago and have really got into off-road trail running since I moved there.
Home for two weeks on holidays (great timing I know) and me and my old training partner want to go for a long off-road run somewhere in the countryside next week.
Any Yorkshire-based forumites have any suggestions for a decent 2-3hr off-road run we could do in shooting distance of Leeds with a good pub nearby for afters?
Cheers
04/07/2007 at 20:47
I don't live there now, but used to (many years ago). If you like off-roading, you could try the Otley area which has some seriously major hills but with great views over Wharfedale. Otley has vast numbers of pubs considering its size.

It's about 6 to 8 miles North of Leeds.

See particularly the trails marked Dales Way and Ebor Way on this map (it's a cycling site but the maps are good):
http://www.sustrans.org.uk/default.asp?sRegion=North_of_England&map.x=-1.68569674542434&map.y=53.9075008908743&bLarge=&nZoom=3
04/07/2007 at 20:51
(Bliddy links)

Or, come to think of it: follow the Leeds & Liverpool Canal north out of the city- it goes out to Shipley, Saltaire, Keighley and Skipton and there are great transport connections back (traiins every half hour from those stops Mon to Sat)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.