Training plans

Plans for 10k & HM

3 messages
02/04/2013 at 17:22

Hi All. I am a novice, have been running for 18 months, 5k PB is 28.5mins and 10k PB is 62 mins.

I have a 10k run in June and a HM in Oct. So far I have not used any plans but I have lost a bit of pace over the winter and want a 10k & HM plan to get the best out of both events.

What training plan resources do you find best? Ideally I would like something bespoke where I can input a target time and date and get a specific plan (something I dont have to convert or think about, just follow). I have looked at the plans on RW and find them a bit generic (e.g run 10mins @80%) and am just curious if there is anything better.

02/04/2013 at 19:38
What about using the Smart Coach tool, or join a club and get advice through that route.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/racing/runners-world-smartcoach/3057.html

I prefer to have a bespoke plan by putting things together myself. I tend to make 'plans' flexible and adjust sessions/pacing as I progress.
03/04/2013 at 12:53

Thanks Also Ran. Smartcoach is pretty much what I was looking for.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.