Travel insurance.

5 messages
14/04/2008 at 17:48

OK - probably in the wrong part of the forum but......

I'm in the Marathon Du Medoc in September and want some proper sporty travel insurance. Dogtag seem the cheapest with reasonable cover - can anyone recommend them or anyone else?

Thanks

James

14/04/2008 at 23:13
Last time I thought I might run a marathon abroad, I was minded to insure with Tesco. I ended up calling them, and they told me that I would be covered for such an event. I think you'll have to call any insurer as their published conditions tend to exclude competitive sports.
15/04/2008 at 06:24
Insure and go.
15/04/2008 at 07:42

I know that my Lloyds TSB free travel insurance with their silver current account gives you cover for running events.

I would expect that just about all "normal" travel insurances do. Not ecxactly a dangerous sport is it.

15/04/2008 at 07:46

Columbus don't cover 'marathon running, which is anything over 12 miles apparently.  Some insurers exclude competitve events and others will inlcude running but on an 'incidental basis'.

I went with essential travel which is part of AXA.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.