Traveling to London

American runner in London

9 messages
05/08/2006 at 21:40
I'm currently training for a marathon in November and I'll be in London, staying at the Paddington Station Hilton. I have an 18 miler scheduled for the weekend I'm there, September 30. I was thinking of running up to Hyde park area and then running around the park. I've been in this area once before but just walked around and did not run. Is there an easy 5-7 mile loop that anyone can recommend? One that wouldn't require me to carry notes to know where I was going would be nice!! Thanks in advance.

Darrin
05/08/2006 at 21:45
Darrin, have a look at www.runlondon.com (go into 'routefinder'). You can plot your own routes or search for routes that other people have created.

You could do the 3 parks - Hyde Park, Green Park and St James's. Can't remember how far that is but it's a nice run.
05/08/2006 at 21:48
Just looked - the 3 parks are almost 7 miles.
05/08/2006 at 22:34
have a look here

http://www.serpentine.org.uk/

it's a running club based in hyde park & thei site has maps & routes along the run :)
07/08/2006 at 02:01
Thanks for all the information! Looks like I could possibly hook up with the Serpentine Saturday run and just run a couple loops of the 7 mile loop. I know the weather is kind of all over the place in London, but does September hold any special forecasts? I'm also going to be in the Swindon area next week and will be doing a couple of runs mid-week. What has the weather been like lately? Thanks again. Darrin
07/08/2006 at 09:41
Darrin, if your here on the evening 29th Sept check the Clubhouse threads nearer the time for the "London Social". Come along and meet some London forumites.
07/08/2006 at 15:43
I've looked over the Serpentine website but couldn't seem to find something that lead me to a London Social on the 29th. I will be in town that night, so it sounds like a fun thing to try and join!
07/08/2006 at 15:56
It's going to be sunny that weekend, Darrin, so you'll be ok

;-)
07/08/2006 at 16:18
Darrin, check the Runners World forums under Clubhouse or follow this link.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=86859&V=1&SP=324301480312622861446

The August Social is there, somewhere, and the first post by Womble mentions the Doggett's pub where we meet In early September we'll start a new thread for the 29th, and you're welcome to join us.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.