Trying for a baby - should I run?

One for the girls, probably...

21 to 23 of 23 messages
01/09/2009 at 20:59

Jenni B if you carry on running you might have problems conceiving.  Stop running for a while or at least slow down so that your hubby can catch you.   

I was learning to horse ride while I was pregnant with my youngest, my midwife told me I had as much chance of shaking one of my kidneys out as I had of dislodging the baby.  As long as I didn't fall off. I stopped lessons at 24 weeks cos it got uncomfortable trying to get off the horse.

02/09/2009 at 09:26

I was learning to ride (and doing high-impact step aerobics) when I got pregnant with my first one - I reckon if he could cling on through my incompetent, bone-jarring attempts at trotting, running would be a breeze!

I advise my runners that, if you're already doing a form of exercise when you fall pregnant, it should be fine to carry on, but I wouldn't take up any new exercise (we have a lot of pregnancies and babies in my group).  I think it's a question of listening to your body - if you feel ok to run, then do it.  Pregnancies aren't that prone to miscarry if they're healthy; look at the women around the world who do heavy physical work throughout the nine months and deliver healthy babies.

02/09/2009 at 10:24

Thank you.  Maybe I will run home tonight - I decided not to last night but am now thinking I will run tonight - nice slow jog...

Fascinating reading everyone else's input - thanks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.