Trying to trace a runner

from his club....

9 messages
29/04/2003 at 11:48
HART RRC

At the FLM at about mile 24 I really struggling.

I fell into conversation with this guy who was obviously in the same position as me. We decided to 'go for it', and together we ran the last couple of miles home.

There is no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have been able to run the last couple of miles without him, nor him without me, and it was a fantastic experience each of us not wanting to let down the other, and we must have improved our position by overtaking 100's of others in those last 2 miles!

As we crossed the finish line, we shook hands, thanked each other, and parted, I never did find out his name.

Then surprise! He appears in my finish photo, and from that I have his race number, name, and found out he runs for Hart RRC.

So..........has anyone heard of this club or better still have a contact email or address for them? Google reveals nothing, and I'd really like to thank this person again for making the last 2 miles of my first marathon almost bearable!!

TIA

Deev.
29/04/2003 at 11:57
This any good:-

http://www.hants.gov.uk/athletics/clubs/hrr.html
29/04/2003 at 11:58
or this:-

www.hartroadrunners.co.uk
29/04/2003 at 13:59
That's really great, Devious.

When i checked the FLM results for our Club results for newsletter, i discovered that we seem to have gained a club member that no one has ever heard of. He certainly isn't a regular or paid up member of our club, but is listed on the results.
anyone else had this?
29/04/2003 at 14:51
Yep. We've got one of those as well.
29/04/2003 at 14:56
Well I have no way of knowing whether there is more than 1 Hart RRC around. But thanks for finding the link FF.

My brief running partner does not appear on this club's list of FLM finishers!!
29/04/2003 at 16:15
If you go to http://www.london-marathon.co.uk/results/results.shtml and click on the 'see all results' link on the top right of the page, you can do a search by race number - good luck.
Trogs    pirate
29/04/2003 at 18:25
DS, we've got an unknown too.
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
29/04/2003 at 18:59
HartRR have a white vest with their name in blue the front.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.