TVXC 2012/13 Thread

Thames Valley Cross Country

21 to 40 of 141 messages
03/11/2012 at 22:10
SG - I will flick you a few rubels as I trot past your Marshall point tomorrow. Never run the Marlow HM before and tomorrow looks a perfect day to lose my virginity.

Wycombe 5k is defo too far from home to bothered with again. Have heard there is going to be a new super flat Parkrun in slough which could well become a fave of the racing snakes (& snails like me).
04/11/2012 at 13:22

Wool you looked like you were cruising today, not many people know what their own name is at 10miles on that course, let alone recognising people marshalling!

My view on park runs probably isn't helped by the fact the one i did was Black Park on bog like conditions.  If Slough is certified, and fast might well be the best option of the local 3...if you don't get gunned down first!

IronCat5    pirate
04/11/2012 at 20:14

Looking forward to next weekends mud run, sorry "XC".

Stevie G . wrote (see)
My view on park runs probably isn't helped by the fact the one i did was Black Park on bog like conditions.  If Slough is certified, and fast might well be the best option of the local 3...if you don't get gunned down first!

Most parkruns are on PO10....if it's fast and not too busy then I'm very interested. Woodley is a new one round here, but 3 laps of a park...

08/11/2012 at 22:46

Not long to go now!! Really looking forward to the first race

11/11/2012 at 19:17

Bloody hell that was a bit hard, struggled in to 15th place, we had a good turnout I must say. (BFR)

Good work by Datchet as ever, the weather gods are with you.

IronCat5    pirate
11/11/2012 at 19:27

Aye, twas a cracking day. A huge amount of runners overall; it was nice to have different people in front of me today Some loss of traction in the damp bits, but it must have been a hell of a lot worse down the field.

Added fun for me was banter and competition with my 2nd claim club. We (FC) put out about 10 people, It always amazes me that other teams (Datchet, Sandhurst) can run an event and compete.

11/11/2012 at 20:01

15th! well done Sprint, apparently the biggest field ever... what was your time?

Iron, the big clubs have huge numbers, they can put their best runners out and still have plenty to marshall etc

11/11/2012 at 21:31

2 minutes slower than last year for me - but way less painful  Happy days!

Amazing turnout today - and fabulous cake - don't worry SG I ate yours

11/11/2012 at 21:51

I agree that was a tough run today, I was pleased though as managed to run around 2 minutes quicker than last year, and my other half was pleased as he managed to finish near to the top   it was an amazing turnout today, I think around 70  were from the club Im with, and I agree Sleepy bear the cakes were great at the end!

12/11/2012 at 08:27
Stevie G . wrote (see)

15th! well done Sprint, apparently the biggest field ever... what was your time?

Got 34.29

Progression is (2010) 40.20, (2011) 37.14 so bringing it down nicely. 

12/11/2012 at 08:35

Claire - by any chance do you have your name on your vest and run for RRR?  If so,  we ran to the finish line together

IronCat5    pirate
12/11/2012 at 08:47
Sprint for the line wrote (see)
Stevie G . wrote (see)

Got 34.29

Progression is (2010) 40.20, (2011) 37.14 so bringing it down nicely. 

Great effort Sprint. I look forward to my next 3 years!

12/11/2012 at 08:48

Quicker than I've ever done it Sprint, i did 34.34 in 2010... (missed last year)

Should be promising for you on the road, as the week after doing that, i did a 79.43 half marathon with a slight cold....so your 1hr 21 will be in for some severe revision!

12/11/2012 at 12:29
Hi Sleepy bear, yes that was me shame we didn't realise at the time! are you running any of the other TVXC races?
12/11/2012 at 12:34

It is a shame - the thought just came to me this morning!! Was obviously too busy obsessing about the cake and then I was trying to zoom in on your picture to be sure LOL

I doubt we'll be able to get down for any more this year but maybe next year... Are you gonna be able to do them all this year?

12/11/2012 at 12:43
I must admit all i could think of on the last stretch of field to the finish was the tea and cakes ha ha!! That's a shame you won't be running at any of the other races! Myself and other half have planned to run all of them if we can, really enjoy these races, and especially looking forward to the RRR one a few days before christmas.
12/11/2012 at 13:01

Is that the one at Bearwood?  We (Marlow) all ran that in tutus last year (as Christmas fairies obviously ) and had a good old giggle. Loved that course!

But ... we moved up t'north in the summer so it's not our local league anymore but it was nice to come back as guests cos we don't get cake locally! And wowsers what beautiful weather - amazing how much warmer a couple of degrees makes things!

12/11/2012 at 13:15

Cheers guys, always forget how long the stetch across the field is when you pop out of the treeline. Couldn't catch my teamate 5 steps ahead of me was so flagging. Starting off with a 5.51 minute/mile probably caused that...

Great cameraderie between runners at the events, it's a pleasure to see.

(SG - Wokingham's my aim for sub 1.20 - fingers crossed for injury free until then!)

12/11/2012 at 18:06

SB - I do remember all the Marlow runners dressed up, that was good team spirit!  its a shame you wont make any of the other races this season, hope to see you at one next year!

Well done to everyone else that ran yesterday, does anyone know when the results will be out?

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 18:17
13/11/2012 at 08:29

As part of the BFR committee who host the TVXC site, we are changing over servers (not the best time I know) so once we get that site up and running again the results will be up, we hope to sort it out over the next few days

21 to 40 of 141 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.