valencia marathon

21 to 40 of 40 messages
31/08/2011 at 14:59
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm pretty slow and just hoping to finish before the five hour cutoff. Will you all be carrying water bottles with you or relying on aid stations?
31/08/2011 at 17:30
Aid stations were fine at Copenhagen. They had water and energy drinks on all of them and fruit on half of them.
I just carried (and used) lots of high 5 energy gels
01/09/2011 at 11:14
Hi Team, I'm Rory from the UK. I just signed up for the Valencia marathon yesterday and it all went pretty smoothly thanks to all the advice from this thread! The only thing was having to pretty much make up my phone number (had to be 9 characters and begin with a 6). Don't see why they would ever need to call me though. I got a confirmation email from Ticket Run but still not exactly sure how we get hold of our race pack...I guess we just turn up at the expo with out reference number? Having run the Rome marathon in March (glorious event), I am excited to get back on the track. Anyone know how many competitors this event usually draws? I'm looking forward to a smaller field. Ciao
02/09/2011 at 19:15

Hi

I normally carry a hand bottle with hydration powers which I like,I really do not like the feeling of being very thirsty when running. I have tried the gells but found them a bit sweet , I am not sure just what they provide at the stations.  I am staying in the old quarter  and it does not look to far to walk in the morning,

bill

08/09/2011 at 19:14
Hi Rory,

I'm not sure how many people start but last year nearly 3000 men finished and only 157 women!!

I think there might be more people running this year because they have changed the course, the race has chnaged from February to November (no winter training), and Valencia was chosen as the European capital of sport 2011.

Maybe we should all meet up for a drink on the Friday night or Saturday lunch time before the race? It would be great (for me anyway) to meet some other 'foreigners' who are running
08/09/2011 at 19:39

Hi Lyndyk

I sadly will not be able to meet at lunch time due to work i will not be arriving till 11.00 sat and ive got to register and get in my hotel, but i am staying to the following week maybe we all could meet on sunday evening to chat about the run.

bill

08/09/2011 at 20:23
That's a great idea Bill

Everyone always want to talk about the run afterwards but I find my friends and family get bored of hearing about it very quickly

I'm flying in on the Thursday so maybe I could find a nice place in the old bit of the city to meet up?

Hope to see you then
08/09/2011 at 20:54

Hi Lyndyk

Great look forward to it.

Bill

22/09/2011 at 13:37
Has anyone been able to find a list of the runners taking part in Valencia Marathon 2011?

I can't find it anywhere. I guess I'm just nervous that my name's not on it....
04/10/2011 at 12:30

Hi lyndyk

sorry for delay in replying i think it may be a bit like london were they do not have a list

bill

04/10/2011 at 13:13
Thanks Bill,

I eventually (after days of looking) found that if I went to the site that is in charge of Ticket Run, where I signed up, then with a LOT of help from Google Translate I found a page where I could put my name in and find myself.

I am definately signed up though

P.S. I just got my email from London saying I didn't get a place for 2012 I wasn't really expecting to though and am actually holding out hope for a friend that is doing it for charity but might not make it to the start line.....
04/10/2011 at 14:10

Hi Lyndyk

Same here failed again for london, maybe I'll be lucky with a club place

Bill

17/11/2011 at 15:42

hi lyndyk and other runners

Not long now hope you are fit and ready I'll be doing my last run on Saturday, we need to arrange to meet somewhere near the start if possible it would be good to meet.

Bill 

17/11/2011 at 17:59
Hi again!

I'm not sure where we could meet at the start but I can tell you that I'll be in the 4 hours, 30 minutes section (if one exists) and will be wearing a bright orange t-shirt that says Running Copenhagen on it and also wearing a white cap.

If you still would like to meet up on the Sunday evening then I have found a bar which is actually used as a meeting place. It's called The Lounge Cafe Bar and is in the old city part of Valencia. See http://www.theloungecafebar.com/Lng-map-1.htm for directions.

We could meet there at 7pm on the Sunday evening wearing our T-shirts and medals so we can find each other
18/11/2011 at 20:02

Hi

I will be wearing a ashbourne running top in blue or lime green if cool or wet i also will have on a white cap, i will keep my eyes open., failing that see you at the bar sevenish  

18/11/2011 at 20:28
I'll be at the bar

Anyone else joining us?
18/11/2011 at 21:08
it would be great to get a group
04/12/2011 at 18:40

Hi Lyndyk

How did you do , I looked out for you but no luck, went to the bar with my wife but it was shut  did you go, any way would like to hear how you and other runners did.

Bill

04/12/2011 at 20:29
Hi Bill,

I went to the bar too. It was open but no one came. When I left I saw another bar with the same name! just around the corner. This one was shut!

I got a new PB of 4 hours, 31 minutes and 55 seconds

I loved running Valencia marathon! I would have liked there to have been some bananas and energy drinks on the route but other than that it was fantastic!
I loved the Spanish 'fans'

I would definately go back and run it again

I'm running the Rock 'n' Roll Madrid Marathon next in April!

What was your time everyone and what did you think of the marathon?

Lynne
05/12/2011 at 09:37

hi Lynne

That's a shame I was looking forward to meeting you to discuss the race, well done on your PB I also got one.

My time was 4.06.50 I did enjoy the run my biggest preoblem was not being able to get to the toilets at the start due the crowds and also only at 20km  I had a major problem at 30km, I was also surprised that there was only water, though I took gels I was relying on some form of energy on route also. I thought the finish was by far the most stunning finish area i've been to.

Next year I have a race in Paris in March  which is 80km and finishes on the first level of the Eiffel tower, I am also looking at Verona marathon in October, I have also a marathon in Jan and a 50km London in Feb

Bill

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 40 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.