VLM Hotel Advice

10 messages
30/01/2013 at 15:48

Hi everyone,

My wife is running this year.

Looking for a wee bit of hotel advice. Is it feasible to book somewhere some distance away (maybe in West London) and travel (say private taxi) to Greenwich on the morning or are we better staying at a hotel in the Greenwich vacinity?

Also anyone know if there are any bus pickups for runners to the starting line?

Thank you for any help

30/01/2013 at 16:00

Stay somewhere near the finish, and use the tube, overground or DLR to the start (all free if you are wearing your number)

30/01/2013 at 16:09
As dave said that's the exact advise I was given. I was advised after 26.2 miles you'll not want to be trekking about London back to to hotels etc. Good luck.
30/01/2013 at 16:13

Actually everytime I've done it, or the OH has done it, We have stayed in Docklands so we could use the DLR to the start, and then driven home straight after

cougie    pirate
30/01/2013 at 18:26
I always stay in the centre. Easy train to start - and wobbling distance to hotel after.
31/01/2013 at 09:43

Thank you very much for your advice folks

31/01/2013 at 09:56

Yes from experience definitely stay somewhere near the finish!

24/02/2013 at 06:31

Stayed in the County Hall hotel right next to the London Eye when I did it yars ago. Was dead easy to get to Greenwich, and was close by for the finish. They catered for the runners, with an early morning breakfast just for them.

PG3
24/02/2013 at 21:00

Depends on which nights you are staying, ie sat and sun or just sat night.  If it's just sat night then try and stay near the start, but if its sat and sun then stay near the finish.  There are loads of hotels in Victoria/Pimlico/Hyde Park area that are walking distance.  Anywhere works though.  I live in Zone 3 in SW London and will be getting the tube/train to the start and from the finish.

PG3
24/02/2013 at 21:01

Oh and you can get the train to the start from central London.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.